• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's come over awfully dark. I think that forecast rain is on its way.
    Oddly it went really dark then got slightly lighter but no rain.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Two bloomin' spot lights in my kitchen have just gone. Good because I can swap the halogens for LEDs (after much will they/won't they work debate) but bad because I absolutely detest the getting up ladder, balancing on a work top / clinging to a cupboard activity. It's all very unsafe and I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        sounds like a winner if your contract is up. Take a few months if the war chest allows.
        The contract is up in April but I've already told the client I'm having a few weeks off.

We've just had the awkward call. Mr Third Party Expert is going to spend three weekends looking over the cabling contractors' shoulders and making sure they're doing it right. He won't configure anything or do any actual testing, he's just coming along to gee people up.

Comment

Lunch, after a hard morning of incantationisating, has been a Herta jumbo frankfurter, on a finger roll, with French's yellow mustard.
          and earl grey tea.
          very nice it was too.

in other news, it's gone a bit black over Bill's.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            The contract is up in April but I've already told the client I'm having a few weeks off.

We've just had the awkward call. Mr Third Party Expert is going to spend three weekends looking over the cabling contractors' shoulders and making sure they're doing it right. He won't configure anything or do any actual testing, he's just coming along to gee people up.
            Needless to say, if the business want to waste that money because that's what they've always done that's their lookout. No skin off my nose!

(He more or less admitted he had nothing to do the last few times we did these projects)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I think Virgin Media Business offer them, but I'm just with plain old Virgin Media.

Last time it changed, they gave me one that had previously been geolocated to some remote spot a few miles north of Neath, so that's where Google Maps insisted on starting for me for a few weeks
              Was it around the time that that Zeity cove disappeared?

Just askin' like.

Lunch: poached (but not poached enough) tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons mulitgrain toast, several bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red pipless corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2020, 12:06.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post

nice work if you can get it!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Just askin' like.

Lunch: poached (but not poached enough) tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons mulitgrain toast, several bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red pipless corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    Who is this Zeity of whom you speak?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Just askin' like.
                      Before that, I think; it's been a few years

Comment

Working...
                      X