• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and its all about that English game that's even more boring than football.
    grasshopper or somesuch.
    Geez.

Comment

I made a brie and bacon baguette for dinner as I never got around to it at the weekend.

Ents so far has been Only Connect, The Repair Shop, African Renaissance: When Art Meets Power, and now Great British Bake Off. I didn't realise GBBO started last week.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        only Tuesday, FFS.
        i'm too old to work five days / week.
        maybe i'll knock it on the head.
        I really enjoyed it when ClientCo cut our days down to three a week. It was so nice. When it went up to four days a week, I alternated my Mondays and Fridays off so I had a four day weekend every other weekend.

Five days a week is hard work.

Comment

it is when you're 40+* for sure

now the locust players have been joined by the hound of the baskervilles.
          dear oh dear

*in hex

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

I was thinking of getting the remainder of the lamb and some veg started in the slow cooker to simmer overnight for making Scotch broth tomorrow, but I don't know if I can be bothered. It'll keep another day or two

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              only Tuesday, FFS.
              I really enjoyed it when ClientCo cut our days down to three a week. It was so nice. When it went up to four days a week, I alternated my Mondays and Fridays off so I had a four day weekend every other weekend.

Five days a week is hard work.
              I liked doing a three day week at ExClientCo over in Cambridgeshire, but it would have been even better working remotely too - maybe pop over there once a fortnight

Comment

Dinner has been sainsbury's 'TTD' fish pie, with extra cheddar and parmesan topping.
                and a nice Chablis.
                ents is a thing about the poor bastards who got bombed out of their homes in the east end of London by those lovely german chaps.
                then i think, - more Murdurs in that village.

only Tuesday, FFS.
                Wish I could bloody knock it on the head. Sadly at 38 that's a way off yet.

OTOH sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm working for. Can't see a lot of good things on the horizon and I find living in the moment almost impossible. It's depressing surveying the possibilities for the next thirty-odd years. If I had decent life insurance I'd string myself up and save myself the bother.

Comment

Nice not-too-far-off-full moon out tonight

Comment

The Wife (tm) got home at 19:15. My meetings finished at 19:40.
                    Dinner was omlettes (one of my go-to meals) made with guinea eggs, home grown tomatoes, onions and garlic, and foraged mushrooms (amongst other things)
                    Washed down with a bottle of Babel. It would have been my mum’s 83 birthday today, instead it’s 8 years since we buried her. Happy birthday mum.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Would have been my parents 68th wedding anniversary the other day.

They only made 63 in reality, it being almost 5 years since Strangelove Pater popped his clogs.

Entertainment: the commentaries on AVP: Requiem.

Not altogether scintillating it must be said, though the guys in the rubber suits were mildly amusing.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X