• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    We were getting worried.
    I get there between 20:50 and 20:55 every week, so no need to panic until then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I get there between 20:50 and 20:55 every week, so no need to panic until then

I am not pleased at being "Comfortably Numb"less.

Particularly since "Sorrow" and the talk thing substituted for it.

A small hairy 8 legged horse just trotted across the floor.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 September 2020, 21:30.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not much done on the job list today. But and old apple tree was cut down. I may take Stihl to the trade’s description act tribunal. Their “pole pruner” chainsaw WILL bring down a tree.

Apart from that, Waitrose have a Cremant d”Alsace on offer at £9.99 a bottle, and it’s damn fine. Brings back memories of working there 15 years ago.

Oh, and it’s 8 years since my mother died. Kin’ell.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Still the same offer as when you last told us? Are you on commission?

Comment

I turned the telly off and decided to read a book. Glad I missed out on not seeing comfortably numb.

Reading Natives: Race & Class in the Ruins of Empire. It's written by a mixed race man of African/Carribbean/English/Scottish descent. That'd get some in General all foamy mouthed.

Comment

And now we're 15 minutes into "Pink Floyd: the story of Wish You Were Here".

It's been a while since I last saw a 2" audio tape recorder.

Looks like Dave has one on his boat.

I've seen most of this before.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 September 2020, 22:47.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I turned the telly off and decided to read a book. Glad I missed out on not seeing comfortably numb.
                Likewise: the start of Where Are the Customers' Yachts? by Fred Schwed, and then the conclusion of June and start of July 1664 in the wacky world of Sam Pepys

Early night now because of Zoom and New Zealand Daylight Saving Time

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I've seen most of this before.
                  In fact I've seen all of it before, several times, despite what TV Times might have to say on the subject.

Made in 2012.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out again, and a mere 10°C

Zoom call about to start

Comment

Working...
                      X