• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Eek The Archers! Turn that crap off! R6, quick!
    I did.

Though I was sucked into listening to some of it while washing the dishes last week.

Time to get lunch on.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ocado have delivered. While I was waiting, Flat 20 received a delivery from Waitrose.

Now waiting for the parentals to confirm their proximity so I can head to the storage place.

Comment

Bonjour.

Nice and sunny.

Did some gardening. Tomorrow I will take it all to the tip. Booked my tip trip before any imposed lockdown where they will probably close the tip.

Off to a pub beer garden soon. The pub beer gardens I go to don't look like any of them in any media pictures.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Hmm... If the parentals did leave home at 10 am as Dad said they would, then he's going to be grumpy when I meet them. He reckoned on a 90 minute drive. They've not called to say they're at Hammersmith yet so it's going to be a good two hour drive I suspect.

Comment

House very roughly vacced (for the first time in a fortnight).

Beef roasted, rather a small piece this week, which is good, followed by some stewed pears (sans custard and straight out of the fridge so they set all my fillings off), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Almost time for the weekly Sunday afternoon trip to Tesco and Morrisons once the dishes are done.

Now listening to The Food Programme where there's an obsessive talking about making the perfect omelette.

It only took 30 eggs.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2020, 11:51.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, and a balmy 19°C

Comment

2 bushels of apples that I picked yesterday have now been cleaned, chopped, crushed and pressed, producing just for 5l of juice.

Time to get a demijohn out...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Waiting on Le Manche train. Asked whether we'd filled in the form online. No proof required...

Great lunch in the Champagne region. €46, two three course meals, 500ml wine and a glass of champagne. Lovely departure meal.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

The parentals visit has been successfully concluded. I have only missed the first half hour of live TdF coverage, which is pretty good going.

Father was grumpy about the drive through Putney so much so that I think he's going A4/M4 and onto the M25 instead.

Comment

Lunch: sausages and bacon sandwiched in white toast with lashings of butter

Comment

Working...
                      X