• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Rain!

Rain!

Send some up here please

Comment

According to weather app it isn't raining and is 33 degrees.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

32° here as reported by the weather app, and the thermometer on the coffee table is saying it's 30° there

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Get boring little magazine through door, mostly ads, but sometimes do the crossword. Thought I was really going senile as couldn't think of any answers that fitted, until I looked at word lengths in brackets after each clue and realised they'd totally cocked it up by publishing wrong clues with no relation to the crossword.
          I remember when one of the local papers in Bedford did that around 1979, and several readers worked out what the correct grid was and sent in their hand-drawn answers anyway

Comment

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast beef with carrots & onions (rather overgenerous in terms of zing it must be said), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Stone me, that's warmed me up a bit.

Entertainment in the unbearable closeness of being:

The Prisoner E12 "Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling " apparently during this one PG was off making Ice Station Zeeebra which explains the body swap.

Britain's Lost Railways: Aberdeen on 5 at 19:00

War Factories on Yesterday.

And last but by no means least (or fewest), Dr Pimplepopper on Really at 22:00.

All this assumes I haven't died of heatstroke in the next 10 minutes.

<hiatus>

Too late.

I'm a puddle on the floor.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2020, 17:20.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Yes, no electric left, which is why we aren't getting any updates from him - he's having to conserve his phone battery for urgent communications with insurers and so on

I was pleased to learn that, having been woken by the cataclysm, he turned over and went back to sleep. It was only when he got up at his normal time some hours later that he found the front of the house was in ruins
              Indirect update (via our mother): no electricity, no (landline) phone, and for some reason no water

I believe that applies to everybody in the close he lives on. The insurance company aren't getting anybody round there until tomorrow, so they're staying there tonight but hoping to have alternative accommodation sorted out tomorrow. Whole place will need to be rewired and all that

Comment

HWMBO is preparing dinner. He started the lamb curry yesterday he's deemed it ready for eating today.

Watching Rise of the Murdoch Dynasty.

No rain ever materialised. Not much cooler. Hopefully it'll rain overnight.

Comment

We're starting to get the odd blip showing up the lightning map within a few miles. No thunder's made it this far yet, but it's gone rather darker than it should be at this time of the evening

Comment

Raining now.

Very odd looking sky.

As it transpired, I'd seen the Lost Railways thing before, so The Prisoner "Do not forsake me Oh my darling" got watched instead.

Now watching the War Factories thing about Fiat.

<hiatus>

Lightning over in the Swansea valley judging by the flash.

Now watching "The Prisoner" E13 "Living in Harmony " which is a western.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2020, 20:19.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been chicken in red wine sauce (out of the freezer) with chips and peas. Very tasty

No storm or similar came here in the end

Comment

Working...
                      X