• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Hot.

22.6 deg in here. :

Barometer unchanged at 1015mBar.

Sunday judging by the guff coming out of the wireless.

Dire night's sleep, with dreams involving a Ford Zodiac MkIV motorcar, the relevance of which completely escapes me.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Hello! I am back from España.

Clear blue sky, no cloud. Already 25 degrees, forecast 32 later. Barometer at 1018 mBar.

Thought I'd come home to fresher weather than the 35+ we suffered on hols. Thunderstorms next week hopefully.

What have I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Clear blue sky, no cloud. Already 25 degrees, forecast 32 later. Barometer at 1018 mBar.

Thought I'd come home to fresher weather than the 35+ we suffered on hols. Thunderstorms next week hopefully.

What have I missed?
        PC complaining about 2 weeks in quarantine after returning from Spain (it seems DVLA HR got involved when he told his umbrella company, who told his agency who then told their contact in DVLA)..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Wotho CUK wierdos. Much less crappy last few days, hope it lasts.

Walked with loony lady number 1 yesterday. Very few people around, some car parks almost empty. People must either be staying at home to avoid the hot sticky weather or all rushing to the beach. Hate this hot humid weather meself but fortunately got a nice little shady spot at bottom of garden next to woods with a lake, used to be a brick works quarry. Much cooler down there. Brick works closing in a couple of years, hope they don't build on it or turn it into a waste dump. Prefer latter if I had to choose, lots of nice little rats, much nicer than lots of ghastly people.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Did you buy a little bell and rehearse going around saying "Unclean! Unclean!"?

Just askin' like.

Stone me it's a bit warm in here, more pleasant outside now the sky's turned a proper shade of dark white/light grey and the sun's fecked off for a bit.

Beef it is a roasting, Morrisons, probably reduced.

Vaccing done.

Thought it didn't have much suck so banged the filter out on the wall, now can't push the damn thing, it's back in stick to the ceiling mode again.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite grey out at the moment and only 18°C, though it's still 24° in here

It's about to clear up though, and is due to reach 26° outside by teatime

Comment

Lunch: roast beef (overcooked again), yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Off to Tesco and Morrisons shortly.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Did you buy a little bell and rehearse going around saying "Unclean! Unclean!"?

Just askin' like.

No need, I'm not to go outside for 14 days.

I just bought some red paint and daubed a cross on my door.

Comment

Light lunch of a couple of rounds of wholemeal buttered toast

Just enough to tide me over until I get around to making a huge roast dinner this evening

Up to 24°C here now, 26° inside, and not much of a breeze

Comment

Working...
                      X