• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: spag bol, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (continued in the unbearable afternoon heat):

The Prisoner (1967) E1 "Arrival" wherein our hero arrives at the village, meets #2 and Rover.

The Prisoner E2 "The Chimes of Big Ben " wherein our hero escapes from the village & returns to London. (Yeah, right).

The Prisoner E3 "A B. and C" wherein our hero is subjected to induced dreams that are visualised on a screen for the perusal of #2.

That's the order of eps on the dvd and in IMDB. I assume that to be the production order but who knows.

The fan order is different but that involves swapping dvds about and I can't be arsed.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Down to 23°C outside now, which is bit more manageable, though it's still 26.6° in here

Comment

24.3 deg in here which probably explains why I'm a bit warm.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

TSWLM on ITV.

Skiing.
            That base jump.
            Union Jack.
            Carly Simon.
            Lotus.
            Jet ski.
            More cheesey lines than you can shake a stick at.

What more could you want?

Oh yeah, tiler finished. Bathroom looking great... “why didn’t we do this 10 years ago?”
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice it was, as always

Not busy but not un-busy, as far as I could ascertain

Comment

Clouded over out now, and reportedly down to 18°C, with a 40% chance of rain shortly before dawn

Still 25° in here

Comment

Entertainment (continued (continued (contintued))):

The Last Witch Hunter (2015) with Vin Diesel et al.

The Last Witch Hunter (2015) - IMDb

which I found suitably amusing in its way.

Comment

First up on the box tonight was Alien Resurrection (1997). It's not very good, mostly just rehashing all the stuff that happened in the other films and then getting a bit ridiculous at the end. Still, now it's out of the way

To follow, something a bit more down to earth with a rewatch of White House Down (2013), which I thought was pretty good when I first watched it, but which was if anything better than I remembered. Pure hokum, of course; but good hokum

And finally S1E8 of The Sopranos, The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti (TV Episode 1999)

Still no rain, and the weather app has now given up on the idea completely

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X