• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lamb is approaching doneness, the bit I hacked off because it looked so nice was very nice indeed.

The poppety ping just pinged, so I'd better attend to that.

22.0 deg in here with 1015 mBar on the barometer.

<poppety ping attending hiatus>

The fridge in the salting house appears to have recovered its ability to control its internal temperature, which is a relief.

It was a bit baffling earlier when everything in the damn thing was freezing solid after I'd defrosted it.

Happily the milk appears to have survived the freezing, which is good.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2020, 11:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Eventually overcooked the lamb but it was acceptable.

Pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Off out to Tesco and Morrisons once I've recovered from the cooking frenzy.

Cooked a lot of stuff this weekend.

Comment

Light lunch of a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

Family Zoom call soon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Family Zoom call soon
              And done

Comment

Walk walked, during which I spotted some detritus which brought back some memories , notably the "TipTop" frozen drink and the "Jubbly" frozen drink.

Jubbly Frozen Drinks - Do You Remember?

With the jubbly you could suck all the flavour out of the ice, leaving something totally uninneresting behind.

And here we go:

Tip Tops - Do You Remember?

There's obviously something similar still available, as in the case of the Jubbly.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2020, 16:22.

Comment

More going quite well

About time for tea now though, I reckon.

It's cooling down now: 18°C out there, and a mere 22° in here. Might shut a window or two, as the slight breeze feels a little draughty.

Comment

Still 22.0 deg in here.

Very grey out.

Tea: Ginsters cornish pasty (Morrisons didn't have any of those Moroccan vegetarian things), ham and mustard sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

HSB S7 E1 "Suitcase " wherein a suitcase of blow is found in a drug smuggler's plane crash site.

HSB S7 E2 "A Case of Klapp " wherein Hunter blows away a kid holding up a store.

HSB S7 E3 "The Best Defense " wherein all the PDs go on strike.

Filthy Britain where the usual filth gets cleared up.

By mistake "Embarassing Bodies" wherein some unfortunate has a pain in his nuts which are to be cut open for A Proper Examination.

Dr Pimple Popper.

HSB S7 E4 "Bald Ambition "

Comment

Tea has been breakfast; a lovely fry-up

I recently discovered that those small tins of beans, which I had been getting for convenience as they constitute a single portion in my universe, work out at twice the price, bean for bean, of the normal-sized tins. So I've started getting the latter, and will freeze the remaining half unless I'm planning to eat them soon. Tonight was the first time trying frozen beans reheated in the microwave, and although their texture is very slightly mushier due to the effects of freezing, I reckon that's a worthwhile trade-off for the cost saving

Comment

Working...
                      X