• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Cloudy and humid. It's been raining off and on with more forecast at the day progresses and with a risk of thunderstorms later. Currently 22 degrees, the high for the day. Barometer down to 1006 mBar. No wonder my left knee was aching

I am recovering from a hangover today. HWMBO and I met with one of my Heathrow friends and her husband for dinner and much wine. She kept her job which is great news but her husband will lose his in a few months. He works for one of the construction firms at Heathrow and there's a culling of suppliers despite no reduction in works needing to be done. We had a good catch up on the changes at the airport and it looks like there could be scope for work for me in the future as aviation recovers.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      We had a good catch up on the changes at the airport and it looks like there could be scope for work for me in the future as aviation recovers.
      Good stuff

Comment

Took a walk to the shops round the corner. First stop was the Italian fish restaurant who are now doing takeaways where you pick your fish, they prep it and give you sauces etc and you take it home to cook. We will be having sea bass for dinner. Then to the greengrocers for our fruit and veg needs. Final stop was the off licence but they didn't have the sherry we wanted so had to get wine instead.

Comment

HWMBO is on his weekly family zoom call. I am being helpful by making sure he has a drink to get him through it.

Comment

Shirts nearly finished in the WM.

Comment

It's come over all dark suddenly. I think it may rain soon.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered toast. Lovely stuff

The sausages were Cumberland ones from Iceland's "Luxury" range. They were a bit better than I expected, having a very peppery kick to them

Comment

Lunch: Heinz beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

For some odd reason I had a sudden need for a ham and mustard sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, that's the end of the ham.

And another Zen chury passes Omless.

Worse than that it's a MillenniOm.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The rain's stopped, and there's even the tiniest sliver of blue sky visible

Never did get any thunderstorms, or not that I heard

Comment

The rain's back

Quite a lot of it, in fact.

And I'm not going to the Chinese

Not because of the rain, which has never stopped me, but because I'm not that hungry after my rather filling lunch, and I'm in the middle of working on something and don't want to interrupt it while it's going well

Comment

Working...
                      X