• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Lunch: half a toasted sandwich, as in the bread was toasted but the contents (ham and cheese) were not.
    Home made vegetable soup here, to use up the bits left over in the veg box.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Cottons still in WM1 and into the TD at about 14:15.
      Cottons in the TD.

What has life become that such things are all that one has to remark upon?

Though her next door has just returned from her sister's where said sister's husband has just attempted to top himself & is now in hospital.

Apparently said sister is sore afflicted with MS & he was sole carer, which at the moment implies that there was no external support available.

Ho hum. & all that.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Cottons in the TD.

What has life become that such things are all that one has to remark upon?
        Is it an improvement on life in Ye Olde Slough of Despond serving the CHCfromC?

Comment

Cakes out of the oven and have nicely cooled. Drizzled some coffee liqueur over each half (I can recommend this, it's delicious).

Dad is going to replace my boot lid gas struts on Sunday. He's confirmed the parts have arrived and I've just checked my car to make sure no silly bolt types are being used. I think we'll need some WD40 though.

I was quoted, several years ago when they first started playing up, £600 each for parts and fitting by Nissan. Turns out they cost less than £30 each with one side affixed by some simple hexagonal nuts and the other side pops in. Of course, it'll still take my Dad a few hours and much swearing but it gives him something different to do.

I'm just looking forward to not having to balance the boot lid on my head anymore.

Undecided whether I'll send the original struts off for regassing. Could be useful to keep them as spares.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Earl Grey? What disgusting madness is this? Away with you...

And as for HP...
            ah, another norn woos with his ketchup.
            possibly a hipster krapalapapatchochino drinker too?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              ah, another norn woos with his ketchup.
              possibly a hipster krapalapapatchochino drinker too?
              Come at me BR14

(actually usually no sauce for me - I just like the meat on its own, especially if I've paid a bit extra for good stuff. Might go for a little cheese on it now and again).

Comment

Home made vegetable soup here, to use up the bits left over in the veg box.
                A large amount of that soup seems to have ended up down the front of my (white) top.

Comment

1700 posts. Not an impressive amount but the count sneaks upwards...

Comment

1700 posts. Not an impressive amount but the count sneaks upwards...
                    count of course, not Count, as in...

Ha ha ha! I like to count!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X