• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and now

Comment

i am level with fortune green

Comment

and this puts me on point!

Comment

Recently got quotes for windows from Everest (seemed the best, but priciest), a couple of local UPVC hobbits, and SafeStyle. What can I say about SafeStyle? I'd feel more secure walking through Baghdad with "I hate America" daubed on my shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Any thing with a helicopter in it must have had Gerald Flood doing the voice over.

Or was that some house company advert?
            Are you thinking of Barratt Homes? That was Patrick Allen. Now upped-stumps and retired to the pavillion. He made a mint, mind you: he set-up a Voice Over studio.

Comment

Hey DS23,

Congratulations to you on overtaking my post count in this thread!!!

FG.

Comment

In the early eighties, everybody was up for control over their neighbours teritories.
                Mugabe kiicked off the congo conflict trying to pinch territory for zimbabwe so that his european backers could gain control over the mineral/oil rights etc.
                most of the dogs were somali and rwandan with white SA officers.
                chads were in on it along with a few brit and yanks.
                There was one brit, an ex para, italian or greek name?, can't remember his name now, told he shot about a dozen of his own men in cold blood for shooting up one of their own vehicles by mistake.
                used to spend more time punishing and killing his own men than fighting the mai mai.
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The congolese army took the zimbabs head on at ulvira or uvira, something like that anyway.
                  Most of the brit and yank boys pulled out before then. you can sense when everything is going to go tits up, especially when your european backers are suddenly unavailable and all the expensive harware starts disapearing ( back behind the lines for r & m, yeh right!
                  Anyway mugabes boys were left with a bunch of half trained wannabees,. mostly somali, ugandans and rwandan as mercenary support. some of the SA officers stayed behind as well.

Comment

I was in port Elizebeth by then dating a very pretty nurse from the transvaal. Her parents hated me (Afrikaana's)
                    Well , the Mai Mai got reinforcements and took on mugabe's boys head on, and those boys were out for blood.
                    Some of the mercenaries were captured, others surrendered most were killed out of hand.
                    Those whites that survived were paraded in front of the tv camera's to show the world what the DRC was up against.
                    The European backers, governments, oil an mineral consortiums and banks had kept their heads well down. pulled out just in time and left their dogs in the sh1tter, those too stupid to read the signs that is.
                    One thing you learn to do if you want to survive. make your own travel arrangements. transport, drop points and backups.

Comment

of course the UN started to get involved then and no dog with any common wants to take on the UN.
                      Trouble like that follows you home.
                      Mercenaries were still being recruited all over africa but the recruiters stayed clear of europe for the most part, too much heat and publicity.
                      It got to the stage eventually where the european and yank dogs were advertising their services in soldier of fortune, along with a multitude of wannabees.
                      Personal contact became the norm then. if you were any good you didn't have to advertise, if they wanted you they called you.
                      everybody kept a contact list in those days.

Comment

Working...
                      X