• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and who was the chap who spoke the speel?

Comment

ted moult.

Comment

Ain't nothing's gonna breaka my stride
        Ain't nothing's gonna breaka my legs
        But the stress of life's gonna break the poor farmers back
        Do us all a favour, make the planet safer
        Blow out your brains as advertised by Ted Moult

Comment

that's right! it all ended in tears.

Comment

Ted Moult: It was weeks before they found him. The double glazing had muffled the shotgun's blast.

Comment

Ted Moult (2): Not a lot of people know, but that was his real name.

Comment

Ted Moult (real name Edward Walker Moult) (February 11, 1926 – September 3, 1986) was a UK farmer at Scaddows Farm near Ticknall, Derbyshire, who became a radio and television personality known for his warm Derbyshire accent and earthy humour, with appearances on discussion programmes such as Any Questions and panel games such as Ask Me Another. Ted was a pioneer of "Pick-Your-Own" Strawberries at his farm, and always made a point of greeting his customers. Moult is perhaps best known for his series of adverts for Everest Double Glazing in the 1980s. He later appeared on TV shows such as Countdown and had a number of small cameo roles in films. He took his own life after a period of depression in 1986.

Comment

What a remarkable memory you have!

Comment

i know!

Comment

I wonder if he topped himself when he saw the first instalment for his Everest conservatory?

Comment

Working...
                      X