• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Don't I'm two glasses into orange Baileys, saving Mrs V from herself.
    Ok. So Orange Bailey's is totally an abomination.

Comment

Kebab night was great! Dunno if it was all the cocktails and two bottles of wine...

Triple cooked chips didn't last very long.

Now in discussions as to whether I stay three weeks rather than two...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Because you're filthy

You know me so well!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

First film of the night was Kursk: The Last Mission (2018), about the eponymous Russian submarine lost with all hands in 2000. A tragic story, a bit like Morning Departure with Russians instead of Richard Attenborough, though as it happens most of the Russians seemed to be played by Danish and Dutch actors. A good film but, being “based on”, don’t expect a cheerful ending

And after that, a rewatch of Sherlock Holmes (2009). While I agree with the general idea of showing Holmes and Watson as men of action - in the original stories, Holmes makes several references to his skill at martial arts and Watson is a retired soldier, wounded in Afghanistan, who habitually carries a gun - I think they went too far over the top with this story. The most arcane and preposterous of the originals was never too far out, whereas this was positively Baroque, and that lets it down badly. Good intentions 1 - Implementation 0

After that lot, I found myself racking my brains trying to remember which TV series I was almost at the end of but hadn’t watched for a week or so. Turns out the much-derided CUK/vBulletin search facility can be pretty good if you know how to use it (details available on request) and I was reminded that it was S1 of Tin Star, so I watched the final two episodes: Fortunate Boy (TV Episode 2017) and My Love Is Vengeance (TV Episode 2017). I thought it was quite good overall, and the final resolution of the story wasn’t too weird

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

morning.
              and morning everyone

hazy sunshine and cooler in serene sarf herts.
              sunday
              apparently today is the annual knob gobbling festival somewhere in the west country.
              so that's what purple bumpkin gets up to.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Ok. So Bailey's is totally an abomination.
                ftfy

Comment

Morning all

Blue & white sky.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Looks flat calm.

Judging by the waffling winkers on the wireless, it must be Sunday.

<hiatus>

The wireless just got itself switched off, the waffling was too irritating.

Today's porridge was blessed with some unpleasant looking black bits which I fished out before eating it.

I suspect I'll be inspecting the oats more carefully in search of more bits of mouse.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2020, 09:00.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

So the forecast was right in that the temperature has plummeted 10 degrees. It's still blue skies, fluffy clouds and dry out. Wind looks brisk.

It looks tempting out but I know it'll be a tad chilly and I have nowhere to go anyway.

Aching this morning after my gardening efforts, reinforcing my stay put notions.

Comment

Working...
                      X