• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch happened: a couple of (rather small) roast chicken thighs that have been sitting in the freezer for a while, heated up; and a bag of plain crisps to go with them

Comment

Back on the continuous light drizzle out there now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        So, I phoned them up, and they explained that they’ve pre-approved all my prescription requests up to August - they ought to just go out to the pharmacy each month automatically.

Would have saved some confusion if they’d actually told me that rather than just locking me out of the prescription request thingy that I normally have to do every month, such that I had to phone them to find out what’s going on. Maybe they just wanted someone to talk to
        Now to see if that's true by going to collect...

Comment

Busy day today.

Breakfast was two slices of cheese on toast.

Lunch was the last posh cheese and ham toastie. No idea why you only get three flatbreads in a pack.

I have been going through the Azure fundamentals course on the MS website. Later I am using HWMBO's creds to join The Open Group's virtual conference to attend their Data Science Workshop.

A discussion between the Azure architect, the PM and myself confirmed that the client doesn't know what they want and their assertion that a 'new Azure' needs to be built won't fix their issues, which are all on the business process side. The architect said their existing environment could be tweaked to save them money and he'd be done in a month. Trying to figure out how the client lept from 'improve ways of working' to 'make something'.

Comment

Oh and it had been dry all day, if a little dull, until it wasn't.

I think it may have stopped raining again.

Comment

hissing it down, again, in soggy sarf herts

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Now to see if that's true by going to collect...
                And again next month. And the month after that…

Comment

The kettle died.

The fill window that was leaking finally fell out.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    The kettle died.

The fill window that was leaking finally fell out.

catastrophe, do you have a spare?

Comment

Dry, bright spells and showers. Proper spring Manchester weather. New couple next door are having their house reroofed and the slate conveyor belt is bleddy noisy.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X