• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it's a lovely day outside. Unfortunately there's no point finding out because opening the window will prove the continued lack of breeze and opening the blind will heat the room up and have me sweating like a Geordie in a maths exam.

LM Jr is making lunch - burgers. All sorts of questions, medium or medium rare, bun toasted, etc? Feck me, I've created a monster. Should have never taken him to Mother Flipper at Kerb on the Quay.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Freecell score: 100% out of 16 plays. Running average 83%.

Lunch: baked beans on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Exercise: 8 walks up & down the stairs to use the legs a bit.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2020, 12:08.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        I believe it's a lovely day outside. Unfortunately there's no point finding out because opening the window will prove the continued lack of breeze and opening the blind will heat the room up and have me sweating like a Geordie in a maths exam.

LM Jr is making lunch - burgers. All sorts of questions, medium or medium rare, bun toasted, etc? Feck me, I've created a monster. Should have never taken him to Mother Flipper at Kerb on the Quay.
        It is a lovely day outside!

I can see it through the window…

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          And people say the search facility in here doesn't work.
          What triggered that thread resurrection? (Too lazy to look )

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            What triggered that thread resurrection? (Too lazy to look )
            Mordac asked where the bowl of spag thing came from and Threaded got the credit instead of our favourite tornado flying nutjob.

One can't let an error such as that go uncorrected on the interweb.

Plus, wtf else is there to do?

I couldn't remember his name or handle but did remember "Helen" being his wife or whatever.

Her first post was in October 2009 so a bit of digging revealed the story in all its glory.

In here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ghter-jet.html
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 April 2020, 12:29.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Mordac asked where the bowl of spag thing came from and Threaded got the credit instead of our favourite tornado flying nutjob.

One can't let an error such as that go uncorrected on the interweb.

Plus, wtf else is there to do?

I couldn't remember his name or handle but did remember "Helen" being his wife or whatever.

Her first post was in October 2009 so a bit of digging revealed the story in all its glory.

In here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ghter-jet.html
              Your search technique is better than mine - I wasted a good half hour yesterday running various SQL queries against my local copy of the CUK database (all PII carefully removed before admin sent it to me) trying to find the Tornado/spaghetti post. I narrowed it down to Menelaus and chasingtheaurora, but of course the story was on a different forum altogether, and because I restricted my search to those users I missed minestrone’s post with the link

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of Lincolnshire sausages and a couple of rashers of smoked back bacon sandwiched in a couple of slices of buttered sesame bloomer toast; and it was delicious

Comment

Impressed with his skills. Added a little bit of paprika, pan-fried the burgers rather than grilling them, added a bit of butter to the frying oil. I'll send him out for steak tomorrow.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Impressed with his skills. Added a little bit of paprika, pan-fried the burgers rather than grilling them, added a bit of butter to the frying oil. I'll send him round to BR14's with steak tomorrow.
                    ftfy

Comment

Just had the weekly MS Teams video call (not Skype, so it actually works).

Was quite impressed (as were a few on the call) with how easy it is to add new backgrounds, so while most people were using the blurred one or a stock one (or just their actual house), I was sitting in the cockpit between Ted Stryker and Otto.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X