• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely evening here...

Comment

Just been to the park to play football with baby bp.

Comment

MrsBP is cooking prawn curry and rice....

Comment

Entertainment: TAOM E12 wherein peas are short or tall and axlotl clones develop in slow motion to the strains of some obscure beat combo known as Pink Floyd, "Echoes" playing a large part.

Tea: M&S unchunky cod fillets, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Lovely evening here...
            Here too, at least from inside

Feels a bit chilly though. It’s 12° apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Last night we watched Yesterday. A film about someone who is the only person who knows the Beetles have existed!

Very good film. As expected from anything Danny Boyle is involved in.

It was on sky premier.
              I’ve vaguely wondered whether to watch that. I’ll append it to the list on the strength of your review

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been the finest local cuisine: steak and kidney Pukka Pie from just up the Fosse Way; accompanied by chips, petits pois, and gravy

Apparently the reason you don’t find chunks of kidney in them is that they finely mince it and put it in the gravy - if you examine that when cutting the pie, you’ll see all these small flecks in there, and that’s the kidney. Works for me, as I’m not keen on the texture of kidney, but not averse to its contribution to the overall flavour of the pie

Comment

Entertainment (continued): TAOM E13, Sir D. Attenborough relating the inception of Civilisation, TAOM, and Alistair Cooke's America, with additional comments re the esteemed Professor, familiarly know, apparently, as Bruno.

Followed by "From Andy Pandy to Zebedee: the golden age of children's television", most of which was rather after my time.

Now watching The Grand Moff Tarkin as Sherlock Holmes, Dracula as Sir Henry Baskerville, and Andre Morell as Dr. Watson in a Hammer production of The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959).

It's rather good in its way.

According to the credits it was made in 1958 not 1959 as imdb asserts.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 April 2020, 22:36.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight’s tea has been the finest local cuisine: steak and kidney Pukka Pie from just up the Fosse Way; accompanied by chips, petits pois, and gravy

Apparently the reason you don’t find chunks of kidney in them is that they finely mince it and put it in the gravy - if you examine that when cutting the pie, you’ll see all these small flecks in there, and that’s the kidney. Works for me, as I’m not keen on the texture of kidney, but not averse to its contribution to the overall flavour of the pie
                    Whereas our Asian friends who now own Holland's appear to have stopped bothering with pieces of steak in the steak pudding completely. Greenhalgh's ftw.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Tea was Toad in the hole with carrots an Brussels sprouts.

washed down with a cup of tea.

Just messing about with some XSL transforms very tedious.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X