• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Oh BP what a day!

Sending you many virtual hugs.
    WlmS <- manly

Comment

Why is the sad smilie purple?
      Colour of an over-bashed bishop?

Comment

The temperature’s dropping quite quickly out now the sun’s down - 13°C already. I suppose I’d better close the windows

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Colour of an over-bashed bishop?
          we bow to your superior knowlege of such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The temperature’s dropping quite quickly out now the sun’s down - 13°C already. I suppose I’d better close the windows
            -13??
            WTF??

Comment

I'll have a look at that. I might be on it. Either with a look of crushed resignation, as I arrive. Or joyous relief as i'm leaving.
              Did you go to an Ed Sheeran concert in 2018?

Talking of which (weegieland, not your carnal adventures), I noted on the telly the other week on a broadcast from there that the pubs were boarded up. Now, normal weegie pub security is well OTT in any case with those big roller shutters that cover the doors but having queried this on a call today apparently restaurants and whatnot are fully boarded up. The theory being for insurance purposes. Are you able to make enquiries how widespread this phenomenon is?
              I will certainly ask the question. They usually burn down for insurance purposes so one wonders if perhaps the insurance companies are on to this and have requested extra measures.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                -13??
                WTF??
                I think NF had bettter close the freezer door....

Comment

Talking of which (weegieland, not your carnal adventures), I noted on the telly the other week on a broadcast from there that the pubs were boarded up. Now, normal weegie pub security is well OTT in any case with those big roller shutters that cover the doors but having queried this on a call today apparently restaurants and whatnot are fully boarded up. The theory being for insurance purposes. Are you able to make enquiries how widespread this phenomenon is?
                  Not as far north, but I noticed a bar by the railway station here was fully boarded up when I went past there while the car was having its wheels attended to the other day. Didn’t spot any other examples as I ambled through the city centre though.

I quite liked the notice in the window of one fast food place (a local one, not a chain): “We are closed for an indefinite period”

Comment

I will certainly ask the question. They usually burn down for insurance purposes so one wonders if perhaps the insurance companies are on to this and have requested extra measures.
                    or the polis drop in unexpectedly

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      -13??
                      WTF??
                      Life imitates art, assuming The Day After Tomorrow qualifies as art

Comment

Working...
                      X