• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So regarding cats - cat with bad knee had to go to vet. Before he can be sent for surgery, he needed x-rays and blood tests. Total cost £785 - including an extra £100 to get him sedated as he is so bad around people.

He was in the vets most of the day. Surgery will be next week - probably Thursday.

He is not in a good way since coming home. He had a 2 inch step to get into litter tray - he could not manage. So MrsBP and I had a large mess to clear up. Now we are watching the other cats to make sure they don't attack him - cats are evil.

He has a blanket on the floor.

We have pet insurance - excess £175. Total bills covered £2000. I reckon with the surgery we might hit that. Thank God I still have a job. How do poor people afford it?
    I did ask on the way back from the vets why all vets were now not working in the NHS. As MrsBP said, people love pets more than other people so pets are probably the priority....

Comment

Then friends of MrsBP - the husband collapsed. Been ill for a while. Taken to Bangor. Probably to die...

I wish I was better with death.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        bet i can tell you stories that aren't in that program

She doesn't want tales of subbing for NLyuK!
        Last edited by vetran; 9 April 2020, 18:22.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

@Brillo
          sorry to hear about cat.
          vets are expensive.
          it's all about life quality though, as they age.
          the cats,not the feckin vets.

<- safe distance>

Comment

Did I mention student loan drama?

Probably not - or I will repeat myself. It all adds to tpd volume.

Came back from dropping cat off at vet. Twins were screaming at each other - top volume. I had to seperate them.

They both applied for loans. They ticked the box "did you move to Wales for education". Which means for university - they thought it meant school. So they got rejected.

So after they calmed down, I got on the phone. Explained. And I sent a letter for each of them. They both moved up here in 2013. They spent weekends/holidays here - kept school in England until 2018. 6th form in Wales. I have 4 days a week custody, ex-mrs-bp has 3 days. As she is such an idiot(she was great until her kidney transplant). Of course, she kept kids until she got all the money saying she would raise kids. So she got money, I got kids. And I supported MrsBP while she looked after kids too.

But you know, I got the best deal! What is money? Kids bought me so much happiness. Until they grew up.....

Comment

Did I mention student loan drama?

Probably not - or I will repeat myself. It all adds to tpd volume.

Came back from dropping cat off at vet. Twins were screaming at each other - top volume. I had to seperate them.

They both applied for loans. They ticked the box "did you move to Wales for education". Which means for university - they thought it meant school. So they got rejected.

So after they calmed down, I got on the phone. Explained. And I sent a letter for each of them. They both moved up here in 2013. They spent weekends/holidays here - kept school in England until 2018. 6th form in Wales. I have 4 days a week custody, ex-mrs-bp has 3 days. As she is such an idiot(she was great until her kidney transplant). Of course, she kept kids until she got all the money saying she would raise kids. So she got money, I got kids. And I supported MrsBP while she looked after kids too.

But you know, I got the best deal! What is money? Kids bought me so much happiness. Until they grew up.....
              The place the letter has to be sent to is only down the road. I could have walked there. If I was allowed out....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                @Brillo
                sorry to hear about cat.
                vets are expensive.
                it's all about life quality though, as they age.
                the cats,not the feckin vets.

<- safe distance>
                Cheers.

The thing is I HATE cats. I originally got a couple to stop MrsBP from wanting kids(and then came baby bp - anopther story). But you know what I really dislike - cruelty to animals. Though there is an exception - sasguru. Or wait, he is not animal, he is vegetable.....

Comment

So I wanted to think more about car. I get on very well with local garage owner - so I went to see him. I wanted to hand over Easter eggs anyway - many customers give Christmas chocolates, we are only ones who give Easter ones. I like rewarding good service.

So car - diesel vectra - is car number two. Coming up with MOT and insurance. I have no driveway - I will probably never use it again but who knows? I asked garage owner if scrap value was about right - £55. He said yes - last month I would have got £150. I said I wished I had a place to store it - he pointed out his yard is almost empty and more cars to go soon. So I can park up car for a few months for free. I offered to pay him - he refused.

So I filled in SORN when I got home - and I will not renew insurance.

It was on the way home I got upset.....

Comment

Oh BP what a day!

Sending you many virtual hugs.

Comment

Is that good or bad?

I suppose at least its still a job. But you might end up drivelling 3 days and useful stuff the other 4? Like OU?
                      The money would have been nice but as I'm on the best rate I've ever had and had already done some rejigging due to the change in payment terms, I will be fine financially.

No idea what I will do with the time. It's not like I can go to weegieland for a shag.

Comment

Working...
                      X