• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The evening's entertainment is pencilled in as "The Last Man on Earth (1964)" with that Vincent Price chap.

Sounds very similar to The Omega Man.

<showering hiatus>

Turns out to be a cropped widescreen transfer of what looks like an Nth generation very scratched print, with the titles giving it all away when dear old Vincent suddenly gets Very Tall.

No little blonde girl from Sunnydale in this, but I'm impressed that he uses a lathe to turn Mr Pointy by the dozen.
    Which was ok in its 1964 sort of way.

2nd feature: "I am Wrath (2016)" with that John Travolta taking the place of our hero Mr Bronson, but instead of being an architect, he's some sort of ex special forces/spook/assassin/whatever.

Amusing enough in the good old ultraviolence sort of way.

It's a 15 so no exploding heads which is ok by me.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      My bin is out! Thank you for reminding me to provide that update
      So is ours now

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        2nd feature: "I am Wrath (2016)" with that John Travolta taking the place of our hero Mr Bronson, but instead of being an architect, he's some sort of ex special forces/spook/assassin/whatever.

Amusing enough in the good old ultraviolence sort of way.

It's a 15 so no exploding heads which is ok by me.
        That one’s sitting in my collection awaiting the right mood

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That one’s sitting in my collection awaiting the right mood
          Umm… looks like I’ve actually watched it

Making up for lost viewing time tonight, I started with I Am Wrath (2016), in which John Travolta's wife is murdered, the cops don't seem to want to arrest those responsible, and it turns out Mr. T has a set of skills, etc. Pretty straightforward revenge action thriller thing, in other words. Quite a decent example of the genre, but very much an example of the genre. Worth a watch should it come your way, but don't bother rushing out to find it.

Comment

Umm… looks like I’ve actually watched it
            Well I don't think I rushed out to buy it since it's existed in one of the stacks for a while.

Very "Death Wish" like, without the Michael Winner predilection for simulated rape.

All the more enjoyable for that.

I've watched so many films that I quite regularly buy the damn things more than once and even watch them twice without realising.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2020, 08:47.

Comment

Another threefold Forbrydelsen tonight: S1E11, S1E12, and S1E13

This evening’s Danish word that I was able to pick out of dialogue - TWICE! - because of knowing it in a different context was stuepige, meaning maid (in the sense of a female servant, rather than a generic term for a young woman). The Danish for girl is pige, and according to Google Translate stue means living room, so I reckon it probably comes closer to chambermaid, as it's used in the context of a worker in a hotel on its first occurrence, and in the context of a domestic servant on its second.

But the reason I already knew the word is from its appearance in M. R. James’ ghost story Number 13, which is set in an inn in Viborg

Goodnight all

Comment

It was dry out but when I just looked out the window, rain had started and its overcast.

Have to drive down to Sussex today for my Nan's funeral. Having not been outside since I got home on Monday evening, this will be a shock.

Comment

Happy Friday everyone

Weather - Pissing down, cold
                  Married

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    It wasn't too bad at all. Quite entertaining in fact.
                    Her business skills are amazing. UI find her music is an aquired taste - but one of my favourite artistes...

Comment

Morning all

Dark

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Depressing.

Friday.

Getting out of bed was inneresting this morning, what with a fecked up calf on the left leg and a split heel on the right.

The bringing downstairs of the day's washing proved slightly problematic since I need a hand to hold on to the bannisters.

Thusly, said washing was thrown over the bannisters and collected back into the basket downstairs.

The unsorted underpants got washed on economy this morning, so the white ones aren't exactly white any longer.

Underpants now in TD, shirts in WM.

Endless fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X