• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And I have still not got round to reading links - grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ours has stopped for now
      Century

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        And I have still not got round to reading links - grrrrr
        Reply to them when you do - it’ll bump them back on to the front page, which always adds a few more to the reader count

Comment

Trying to decide what to have for lunch. I think it’s a soup kind of day today; but which soup?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Trying to decide what to have for lunch. I think it’s a soup kind of day today; but which soup?
            Homemade Pea and Ham! Would be my suggestion...
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Soup? Lentil <pfffft>. Accept no substitutes. <- avoid this afterwards though.

Freecell score in the continuing drizzle: 93%. Running average: 83%

Lunch: poached tomato (large), scrambled egg (sans recalcitrant bits of shell coz it broke in a very unusal way. on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Neither pea and ham soup nor any variety of lentil soup in stock, unfortunately. In fact, not a great variety of soup at all once I dug into the freezer, but plenty of chicken and barley. So that it was, and very nice too

Comment

Oh, and the rain seems to have settled in for the afternoon

Comment

I thinks prawns cooked in garlic, chilli and butter are my new favourite !!!

Weather - slight drizzle, 6 degrees
                    Married

Comment

Further to the perusal of "The 2nd Sleep":

My brothers has all been took by the army, sir, to fight the Northern Caliphate.'

Fairfax nodded encouragingly. 'Brave lads, I'm sure.'

That was a war that had gone on all his life and some said for centuries beforehand
                      Making one wonder where this was until one reads

tedious garriosn duty in some isolated Yorkshire moorland outpost

joining in holy matrimony a Mr Anwar Singh, 'computer programmer', of Clerkenwell, London, to a Miss Julia Morgenstern, 'web designer' – an occupation surely for a spider rather than a human

Sic transit gloria mundi after 800 years of post apocalyptic meltdown.

And the puzzlement over what might have been "The Cloud".

Then came a picture of one of the bitten-apple devices, its screen blank, followed by another with a skull-like face drawn on it, hands pressed to its cheeks, eyes and mouth both wide with horror.

Indeed, imagine the state of affairs when the bitten apple devices don't work any more.

Doomed etc.

<hiatus>

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast lamb with carrots & onions. With a shedload of pepper, hot smoked paprika, and some Marmite(tm) it finally tasted of something. 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "ST VI: The Final Frontier The Undiscovered Country" being the final outing (not that sort of outing) of Ye Olde Gange before the new lot came along with "ST VII: Generations".
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2020, 20:15. Reason: I tend to get those mixed up, like
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X