• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its already well past my bedtime.

Night all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Night all

TFFT

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

TFFT
        only kidding mr pad, honest

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Night all
          Goodnight Scourer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            A beef and ale casserole is now in the InstantPot™, featuring some shin of beef I picked up from Sainsbury’s

I’m torn, though. The plan was to give it a night in the fridge for the flavours to develop, but I’m worried it might smell so nice that I want to have it tonight

Might quickly have something else while it’s cooking, to take the temptation away
            “Something else” turned out to be the last of a chicken and potato casserole from last August, with some sesame bloomer as the sauce was a bit runny. Very tasty

The beef and ale thing finished pressure cooking about twenty minutes ago, but I’m letting it lose pressure naturally for now rather than venting it. Once I’ve had a little post-prandial rest, I can get it out and make arrangements for it to spend the night in the fridge

Comment

The beef thing has turned out very nicely. I’ve got the chunky bits out with a slotted spoon and now I’m just reducing the sauce a bit more, after which it should be ready to cool a little in advance of fridging

Comment

TFBSZ

Annoyed The Wife (tm) earlier when she asked me again about birthday presents and I replied with “I want something that in 10, 15, 20 years time, I can point to it and say “this is what you got me”
                She asked if I could remember what she got me when I turned 40, and I said a weekend away (where we got engaged) and 3 pear trees. She couldn’t remember the trees.

I got into further trouble by saying that she hadn’t asked for anything in particular for her 50th, but I’d gone out and bought her something I thought was appropriate, which she still likes/wears all the time, so maybe she shouldn’t ask me, just go out and get something.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Weird bright orange glow suffusing the clouds in one area of the sky tonight. A chap I know who runs a pub two or three miles away just tweeted a photo of it from his position, wondering what it was. Looking on Google Maps, I see that rough bearings of NNE from his position, and SE from mine, cross at: the football stadium

They must be playing around with their floodlights for some reason. Either that or the whole place has been heated to a temperature of a couple of thousand degrees and is incandescing away.

Comment

Today's ep of the Oak Island Nutjobs:

Gary found an old lock with his metal detector.

The crane brought up some significantly large chunks of wood from the GG borehole, then nothing much more so they shut that one down.

Some researcher chap came along with a theory about the Nolan cross which led to them putting in a borehole at Site 3.

The grab brought up lots and lots of significantly large timbers.

Then, in best Red Robbo fashion, the crane drivers went on strike.

In Smith's Cove they've started digging under the crane pad that was put in so they could install the steel piling to keep the water out.

Water started trickling out & futher excavation revealed some more wooden, some sort of wooden structure.

The "next week on" bit suggests that said wooden structure is some sort of shaft.

And winter is coming so they'd better get a move on before the snow arrives.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s viewing began with a look at S1E1 of the new thingy Star Trek: Picard, Remembrance (TV Episode 2020). No spoilers, but I thought it showed promise. That said, there’s always the risk it could turn out like every ST series after TOS and be mainly crap until halfway through S3

And after that, back to just after halfway through S3 of ST:TNG with Sins of the Father (TV Episode 1990), which is a pretty decent Klingon-related episode, and which moves Worf’s story along a bit; definitely in the “producers-getting-the-hang-of-it-now” category

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X