• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second load in the WM.

First load all hung up.

Second coffee of the day being drunk.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny for the most part here here, with bits of white fluffiness hanging about

The temperature out there is, unsurprisingly, 7°C. There had been a forecast of rain for much of the day, but that seems to have been revised to the vague possibility of a shower or two around lunchtime. We shall see

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Indeed.
        Yes, it was your review back in March which first brought the film to my attention

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Yes, it was your review back in March which first brought the film to my attention

In with the hoi polloi.

It rained on me all the way down here but the sun's out now.

I wonder how long that will last.

In other news, I think I've just bought another copy of "Knocked Up".

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          This evening's first attempt at an epic was "Knocked Up (2007)" with Katherine Heigl.

Knocked Up (2007) - IMDb

It lasted 15 seconds.
          Ho hum.

Maybe a 2nd attempt will prove more successful.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home again home again jiggety jig.

As I arrived chap got out of a van to ask if this was the house of Mrs Williams.

Sadly not say I.

He was looking for a house further up towards Tonna, to take measurements for a replacement piece of glass.

The sun didn't last long.

Grey & over cast now.

By the time the first WM pass is done it'll be raining all over again again.

<brief mango eating hiatus>

Chucking it down now, black as ink and cold out there.

The mango, Morrisons, ready to eat, reduced, was just on the point of going bad, slightly over ripe, very soft at one end, turned out to be delicious.

Now to floss the stringy bits out from between my teeth.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 January 2020, 11:37.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

WM emptied and the second load is hung up.

Coffee machine has turned itself off, which indicates it's time for another coffee.

Comment

Weird: Google has started returning a blank white page (in Safari). This means I can’t get any more work done, as how else can I get to stackoverflow.com?

Ah, if I close that tab and open a new one, it’s OK. Some kind of error in the console from their ad server being blocked. The tracking of my every activity must have got screwed up.

Comment

Now to try and remember what I was utterly absorbed in three minutes ago

Comment

I truly believe that launching Google* and forgetting what you were going to search for is the modern equivalent of walking from one room to another and forgetting why (although I still do that too).

* other search engines are available

Comment

Effing Power BI is doing my head in!

I have been waiting 10 minutes for it to finish calculating:
                      = Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "Pax_PostB5JEligible", each if [PostB5JEligible] = null then 0 else Number.Round(([TotalPassengerCount]-[TransferPassengerCount])*[PostB5JEligible]))

It's only calculating against every flight since 2017...

Comment

Working...
                      X