• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Pan of scouse on for tea
    And exceedingly nice it was, accompanied by some fresh sesame bloomer

The freezer is now in excess-of-soups-stews-and-casseroles mode again

Comment

I drove down to Sussex for dinner with the parentals this afternoon/evening as today is their 50th wedding anniversary

I therefore missed the moon doing its thing.

Dinner was nice. Prawns in chilli and garlic to start (not much chilli), then guinea fowl stuffed with pistachio mortadella, finished with affogato.

Dad insisted on paying for all six of us attending, and in cash too.

Comment

No telly tonight, as I felt quite tired and wasn’t in the mood. Instead I decided to read a bit, then get an early night.

Unfortunately, the book I chose was Nevil Shute’s An Old Captivity, and it is of course extremely hard to stop reading a Nevil Shute story once you’ve started. So I finally managed, on page 188 at two in the morning, to put it down so I can get some sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

No nice lie in this morning. There were no resident's parking bays free when I got home last night so I parked in a pay and display space instead. I have to move my car out before 0830. Hopefully someone has moved out of a resident's parking bay as I don't fancy paying £4.50 an hour

Comment

Morning all

Dark, verging on black.

Wet, windy, hence horizontal.

Warmerish.

Saturday.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That made a change: a pre-apocalypse dream.

Probably inspired by the latest corona virus outbreak and reading "Lucifer" by Roger Zelazny a couple of days ago.

Quite odd really.

After starting off in a hotel somewhere it rapidly turned into somewhere resembling Porton Down.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I drove down to Sussex for dinner with the parentals this afternoon/evening as today is their 50th wedding anniversary
                I am about to celebrate my 50th marriage...

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Dad insisted on paying for all six of us attending, and in cash too.
                Cash? What is this cash? Isn't that what drug dealers used before they moved to bitcoin?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  That made a change: a pre-apocalypse dream.

Probably inspired by the latest corona virus outbreak and reading "Lucifer" by Roger Zelazny a couple of days ago.

Quite odd really.

After starting off in a hotel somewhere it rapidly turned into somewhere resembling Porton Down.
                  Century

Comment

Do you ever wonder that one day the universe will contract, time will go backwards, and you will live your life in reverse?

Me neither!

Still, I suppose it could be worse. The universe could go permie....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Do you ever wonder that one day the universe will contract, time will go backwards, and you will live your life in reverse?
                      I read some SF about 50 years ago that posited that idea, rather than evolving into something greater, the something greater had been devolving for eons and to make the imminent end more bearable had reversed the perception of time.

So, in essence, one was either dug up from a grave, or reconstitued from the fumes coming back down the chimney, lived life in reverse, got unborn (you really don't want to think about that too much), and after 9 months the egg and sperm separated with the sperm being resorbed by dad to take the twinkle out of his eye.

Red Dwarf mined conceit that in an ep.

Backwards (Red Dwarf) - Wikipedia

Goodness me I read a lot of SF back in the day.

Some of the best stories came from Roger Zelazny, some of which stay with me even yet.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2020, 09:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X