• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and the last bit of paperwork done.
    now i can look forward to the severe culture shock of Monday 07:00.
    i wonder if i can remember how to set my alarm?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      cheers.

i do have reservations about the gig, but i also have a four week GOOJ clause.

and i don't really Need the income, i'm just fecking bored sh1tless.

Comment

i don't really Need the income, i'm just fecking bored sh1tless.
        Odd innit? But there you go.

No chance of that for me.

Tea this evening was some more of that epic chili con carne I made last month.

It was nice enough.

Now rounding it all off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The Viewing of BTVS and Angel will commence shortly.

My mundane washing is pencilled in for tomorrow as long as it doesn't freeze tonight.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

cheers.

i do have reservations about the gig, but i also have a four week GOOJ clause.

and i don't really Need the income, i'm just fecking bored sh1tless.
          I like a holiday, even a lengthy break, but I go a bit bonkers after a couple of months without some form of structure to get me out of bed in the morning

I don't really see me ever retiring if I remain healthy and competent enough. I loved working part time a couple of years back and would certainly do that again if the right gig came up

Comment

dinner has been a roast chicken breast with lemon , rosemary and thyme.
            with chips and garden peas.*

very nice.

i must cook some stewy type things over the next couple of days, as i won't have so much time after Monday, so stocking up the freezer would be A Good Idea.

watching professor pippin and 'wonders of the solar system' now.

*with a nice sauvignon blanc

Comment

i must cook some stewy type things over the next couple of days, as i won't have so much time after Monday, so stocking up the freezer would be A Good Idea.
              Indeed. Nothing worse than coming in completely lacking the energy or motivation to start cooking, and finding there’s nothing in that you can just heat up quickly

I just took advantage of a hiatus in, or possibly cessation of, the rain to pop out the back for The Trundling. This time last week I was in Brighton so couldn’t do it, and of course none of the other flats bothered

Comment

the first 3 months are WFH, thankfully.

Comment

the first 3 months are WFH, thankfully.
                  Still can be a pain having to cook after a day’s work, though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Still can be a pain having to cook after a day’s work, though
                    yes, but i'm rather spoiled by the choice of local restaurants.
                    and if i'm earning money i don't need, i can easily justify spreading it around the local economy.

<i'm talking myself into this, one step at a time>

Comment

yes, but i'm rather spoiled by the choice of local restaurants.
                      and if i'm earning money i don't need, i can easily justify spreading it around the local economy.

<i'm talking myself into this, one step at a time>
                      You can do it! You may even find yourself enjoying it

Comment

Working...
                      X