• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it can really screw up your atp plans.

Comment

make sure that everything that has been physically shipped is technically shipped too. that way you won't find stuff as missing when it wasn't really meant to be there in the first place.

Comment

then there is the customer owned inventory. stuff that they have paid you to look after but not actually asked for yet. gotta make sure that stuff is correctly catered for.

Comment

like don't even count it. then you get swathes of yellow tape all over the place where your counters are forbidden from going. but there are always kits and bits and bobs that relate to those customer owned items. and they need to be accounted for too. either count them or remove them.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
            batteries even.
            Rambling again, they shouldn't leave you on your own in here for too long.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

depreciation and scrapping procedures need to be in place. make sure you get rid of it! otherwise you end up counting the same old tulip year in and year out.

Comment

i know a song about that.... i got ramblin', ramblin' on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
                  i know a song about that.... i got ramblin', ramblin' on my mind.
                  I'm sure you do, and if the mods come in here and see what a mess you have made, you might get a slap too. Look in General they know all about it.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

some companies will let you bagsy the stuff before it gets scrapped and some will turn a blind eye to stuff pulled out of the skip. then there's some companies who give the stuff away as an staff perk. that was a nice thing at a certain beverage company..

Comment

then some companies have really strict procedures. especially the drug manufacturers! some of that stuff has to be incinerated under armed guard.

Comment

Working...
                      X