• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Contact was probably the best ST movie of all era's...

although I do like the reboot...

Insurection was pretty crap if I recall too.

Comment

Morning denizens

Far too sunny and generally hot again

Forecast says it should cool down from tomorrow. Roll on tomorrow, I say

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        First Contact was probably the best ST movie of all era's...

although I do like the reboot...

Insurection was pretty crap if I recall too.
        Insurrection is number IX, so odd-numbered; looks like the rule holds

Though only if X, Nemesis, is at least half-decent

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Insurrection is number IX, so odd-numbered; looks like the rule holds

Though only if X, Nemesis, is at least half-decent
          Well I do not recall watching it....

so it possibly was not...

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Well I do not recall watching it....

so it possibly was not...
            It's been in The Great Pile since whenever so I fear I cannot provide a review.

I think I'd take my life in my hands if I attempted to extract said epic at this time.

IIRC there was a Great Sigh of Relief since it was the end of the line (until now) for Picard & chums.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had a trundle out on Sunday to Botany Bay (M61 J8). Completely underwhelmed. After a positive start on the ground floor, the rest of the place was all a bit meh, with the odd bits of stuff here and there that sparked interest.

After that, I convinced the enemy that we should try their sister site, Bygone Times, at Eccleston (not far from the old Camelot Theme Park). While the latter cost £2.50 each to get in (albeit that's life membership), it was well worth it. Loads of stuff for sale, collectables from all genres, Star Trek, Star Wars, railways, movie props, furniture, militaria, etc. Ending up getting a cheap snooker cue and case for LM Jr. Well worth a visit, with plenty of retro toys from your childhood there, no matter how old you are!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sausages in rolls for lunch

I'm off to the hospital this afternoon so somebody can peer gloomily at the weird section of my operation scar and prognosticate about it

Comment

Screwfix collection trip at lunchtime, followed by soup, roll, bacon fries and now some smoked almonds (which won't be getting purchased again). Gonna get wood on the way home. And maybe some new skirtings

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Screwfix collection trip at lunchtime, followed by soup, roll, bacon fries and now some smoked almonds (which won't be getting purchased again). Gonna get wood on the way home. And maybe some new skirtings
                    Make sure there are no parking enforcement cameras around.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Make sure there are no parking enforcement cameras around.

Comment

Working...
                      X