• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For dinner tonight: chicken in red wine sauce, with chips and peas

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth.

Last week, the main bins for the terrace didn't get emptied. I was wondering why, when I remembered seeing one of the denizens of the doctor's surgery going and retrieving their recycling bin just after all those had been done. I suspect she locked the gate while doing so, oblivious to the fact that the non-recycling bins hadn't been emptied as their bins of that ilk are commercial waste and get done separately.

So I'm going keep an eye out tomorrow lunchtime, in case I have to run down and unlock after her

Comment

Tonight's first rewatch was The Bourne Supremacy (2004), which was fine, because it's a Bourne movie and they're all OK. I can never remember which is which; the titles might as well be The Bourne Thingamajig and The Bourne Wotchamacallit for all the relevance they have to the actual stories. Though the actual stories are basically the same each time too, so maybe they should have just stuck with Roman numerals. Anyway, all good clean fun

And the second rewatch was The Day After Tomorrow (2004). What an absolute pile of tulipe

I think my favourite moment of utter stupidity in the script is when the British climatologists out in their research station are facing their inevitable death and break out the single malt. One of them offers a toast: "Gentlemen, to England!" In Scotland, with Scotch whisky? I very much doubt it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yesterday's tea was lentil <pffft> soup.

It was a combination of the unpleasantly sweet & salty batch with some of the following batch to even things up a bit.

It was okish.

Having run out of bread I had to make a trip to Morrisons after getting home & forgot to put said soup in the microwave to heat up while I was out.

And something seems to be pissing in the laundry room which may account for the curious odour in there at the moment.

I thought an onion might be rotting behind the fridge, but I think the piss is a more likely cause.

Liberally squirted some Dettol Mould Cleaner & Agent Orange around the place.

It may not make it smell better but at least it overpowers the other pong.

Last evening's epic (fail) was "Hollywood Homicide" with Harrison Ford & some other gimp.

It really wasn't very good at all, with FF being employed just to get fecking through it quicker.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329717/

From the looks of it, the real cops stories in the extras is rather more interesting.

How it justifies a 5.3 imdb rating is quite beyond me, 4 at most.

Caught the 06:34 train this morning for the first time ever, since it was delayed until 07:46 by a lineside fire between Pencoed and Bridgend.

It's much more luxurious (2 carriages, class 175) than the 07:34 (1 carriage, class 153 misery).
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Not too unpleasant again today

Comment

Dentist just phoned to ask if I can come in at 2 instead of 2:30

Comment

Nearly dead now. :

Many bags of confidential waste & waste paper taken down to the skip.

The shifters are in the lab busily loading stuff into crates.

Comment

Persisting down this morning and indeed all last night; brightening up now as we wander through fifty shades of grey.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Once again: at the dentist.

Comment

Now shattered, if I wasn't before.

All the little component bins are back in the banker's boxes they lived in back in 2013, ready for the trip down to SA1.

I'm just about ready to drop but there we go.

And the backplates have been removed from the wall.

Stone me.

I'm in little little pieces.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 July 2018, 14:24.

Comment

Working...
                      X