• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone call from mother. "So, you're off to work again in the morning!" Oh yes, thank you, I didn't have that weighing on my mind until you so helpfully reminded me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Phone call from mother. "So, you're off to work again in the morning!" Oh yes, thank you, I didn't have that weighing on my mind until you so helpfully reminded me
      Tell work you'll support them remotely for the last weeks since there's not a lot going on, or arrange to piss off early?
      It's obviously bugging you

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Tell work you'll support them remotely for the last weeks since there's not a lot going on, or arrange to piss off early?
        It's obviously bugging you
        As previously explained, no can do: they can't or won't set up a VPN, nor will they allow any data offsite. And there's actually plenty to do, but I just don't want to go there any more

Comment

Tonight saw the roasting of the beef I didn't get around to yesterday, which I also didn't get around to a couple of weeks ago and had to bung in the freezer. Served up with the traditional trimmings, and very nice it was

Comment

As previously explained, no can do: they can't or won't set up a VPN, nor will they allow any data offsite. And there's actually plenty to do, but I just don't want to go there any more
            Sorry, - you'll jist hiv tae bear up and bank more wonga, then.
            and mibbe plan a holiday?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Sorry, - you'll jist hiv tae bear up and bank more wonga, then.
              and mibbe plan a holiday?
              That's the plan - maybe not going anywhere, but being at home will be an excellent holiday itself

Comment

Back to the fray in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit grey out, but mild

Back to having some light in the east when I wake up, though

And the buds on the chestnut trees outside are turning into proper leaves

Comment

I just don't want to go there any more
                    You & me, both.

Retirement beckons.

Hopefully not at the hands of that Deckard bloke.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all pleasant enough dog walk this morning.
                      Most famous person in the audience at our gig last night: Jenny Agutter, who came over after our set to compliment me on my playing.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X