• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all

Have I missed something? Where's BP gone and what happened with the counting thread?

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
      Afternoon all

Have I missed something? Where's BP gone and what happened with the counting thread?

evening

I was wondering too, he's been AWOL for a while now.
      maybe he got (a) life

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Afternoon all

Dunno

He seems to have got to 100,000 posts, but the ones in the Counting Thread aren't in any numeric base I'm familiar with

I started that thread for him to count in, as he liked doing that, so I suppose it's fair enough if he wants to take it in a different direction

Comment

Just been for a walk, despite it being cold out. It's still doing that kind of faux snow, that you can see in the streetlights if you look up and occasionally feel against your face, but which never appears on the ground

Comment

Just watched the web cast of the Space X Falcon Heavy launch from this afternoon. Some seriously impressive footage if you like that sort of thing. The simultaneous landing of the boosters looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie or video game.

Spin on to about 8 minutes in unless you happen to like a bit of ambient techno while you wait.

Last edited by DaveB; 6 February 2018, 21:29.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Just watched the web cast of the Space X Falcon Heavy launch from this afternoon. Some seriously impressive footage if you like that sort of thing. The simultaneous landing of the boosters looks like something from a Sci-Fi movie or video game.

Spin on to about 8 minutes in unless you happen to like a bit of ambient techno while you wait.

Was impressive for sure, but the incessant whooping from the ground staff really razzed me off...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Was impressive for sure, but the incessant whooping from the ground staff really razzed me off...
                To be fair I think it was justified on their part
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  To be fair I think it was justified on their part
                  Also, they're American so have no sense of decorum

Comment

Tonight's tea was chicken tikka masala with the usual accompaniments, except that Sainsbury's had no naan (presumably due to their renowned Just Too Late™ stock control system) so I had to get mini-naan instead. Turns out three of them come out to roughly the same as one proper one

Comment

Jordskott gets weirder, The Good Place definitely has promise (who'd expect Kant's Groundwork of the Metaphysic of Morals to appear in an American sitcom?), and Better Call Saul S1E6 is very dark

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X