• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    But I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to chips
    I found the filters never worked, so left the kitchen with a thin film of oil on the cabinets that needed cleaning, now it's just hot air coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
      I found the filters never worked, so left the kitchen with a thin film of oil on the cabinets that needed cleaning, now it's just hot air coming out.
      I just ripped out the cabinets and put new ones up

Comment

I just ripped out the cabinets and put new ones up
        I just sold the house, and moved Now I don't need to move again

Comment

Laundry done. It's a veritable hive of activity round here today
          Got a clothes dryer in this place, no more wet laundry.

Comment

Just going through the cardiac rehab web app. It's very well done - much better than most "enterprise solutions" I've ever seen

Though perhaps a bit too well done. The exercise diary leaves me no excuse for not getting enough, and won't let me progress unless I do. Easy enough today when I had somewhere to go, but a bit trickier when I have no destination in mind and go for a walk that leads past the kebab shop and Greggs in one direction and a chip shop, Chinese takeaway, and KFC in the other

Comment

Got a clothes dryer in this place, no more wet laundry.
              I'm thinking of getting one of those small tumble dryers. I can fit it in a space by the kitchen window to hang the hose out of, and I don't need anything bigger. I'll need to move the bin, though.

Comment

JThough perhaps a bit too well done. The exercise diary leaves me no excuse for not getting enough, and won't let me progress unless I do. Easy enough today when I had somewhere to go, but a bit trickier when I have no destination in mind and go for a walk that leads past the kebab shop and Greggs in one direction and a chip shop, Chinese takeaway, and KFC in the other
                You seemed to have missed the Indian takeaway off the list though

Comment

You seemed to have missed the Indian takeaway off the list though
                  True! Not to mention several more kebab shops with dubious hygiene ratings, several off-brand fried chicken places ditto, a few more Chinese takeaways also ditto, a Chinese restaurant, an Indian restaurant, and who knows how many pizza places, all within a ten minute walk there and back.

And a good English café, a rather dodgy looking greasy spoon that's been there for years, and the Polish café over the road.

And the cob shop.

Allowing twenty minutes round trip I can add a couple of very good Turkish restaurants, a Japanese place, and even more of all of the above to the list
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 31 January 2018, 18:27.

Comment

True! Not to mention several more kebab shops with dubious hygiene ratings, several off-brand fried chicken places ditto, a few more Chinese takeaways also ditto, a Chinese restaurant, an Indian restaurant, and who knows how many pizza places, all within a ten minute walk there and back.

And a good English café, a rather dodgy looking greasy spoon that's been there for years, and the Polish café over the road.

And the cob shop.

Allowing twenty minutes round trip I can add a couple of very good Turkish restaurants, a Japanese place, and even more of all of the above to the list
                    Fortunately, the hospital is only three miles away....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      Fortunately, the hospital is only three miles away....
                      A&E is at another hospital less than a mile away

Comment

Working...
                      X