• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just the other day one of the people I follow said she'd forgotten to put the bins out and asked her followers why we hadn't reminded her. So based on that N=1 sample, there's a definite need for this
    Mine are Monday, so putting them out is associated with the feeling of impending doom and accompanying bottle of wine that Sunday evening brings.

Comment

Chinese for dinner

Comment

Chinese for dinner
        Chestnut fed pork chops & prawns on the barbie. Jose L Ferer wine (10km away) and truffle cheese.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Mine are Monday, so putting them out is associated with the feeling of impending doom and accompanying bottle of wine that Sunday evening brings.
          So a message like "Put the bins out, then you can get pissed" would be best?

Comment

So a message like "Put the bins out, then you can get pissed" would be best?
            Nope because you will alienate non-drinkers.

Plus the message needs to come up at least 30 minutes before sunset. I've had to put bins out through back allays with no lights in the past and you don't want to do that with no lights.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This evening's entertainment, following on from the making of yet another large saucepanful of lentil <pfffft> soup, was "Cobra" (1986), Sly Stallone, Brigitte Nielson (pre tit job), Reni Santoni (post "Dirty Harry"), Andrew Robinson (post "Dirty Harry" pre "DS9").

Cobra (1986) - IMDb

Not to mention David Rasche of "Sledge Hammer" fame (a "Dirty Harry" spoof), and Brian Thomson (pre X Files & any other stuff he's ever been in as a psycho killer/super soldier etc etc etc).

It was rather gruesome with a good deal of added grue.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 14 October 2017, 22:09.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Nope because you will alienate non-drinkers.

Plus the message needs to come up at least 30 minutes before sunset. I've had to put bins out through back allays with no lights in the past and you don't want to do that with no lights.
                The default will be the evening before, the actual default time to be determined by a rough guess on my part, and possibly taking into account things like daylight savings time and the local time of sunset, if enough information about the user's timezone is available from the Twitter User API. But I'll also offer an option for the user to specify the timing of the reminder, if I can work out an easy way of dealing with that within the constraints of the Twitter DM API.

In fact, as is always the case with any problem involving dates and times, all the supposedly complicated stuff to make the core functionality happen is really easy; dealing with the dates and times is the hardest part.

I hate dealing with dates and times

Comment

Tonight's fillum experience commenced with Top Gun (1986) - IMDb. I think I may have seen it on telly many years ago, but don't really remember it if I did.

Was there any other Eighties movie that was as Eighties as this? The AOR, the shoulder pads, the hair, the casual sexism, the subliminal homoeroticism? (Though the sexism was more covert than overt, because by then they were vaguely aware it was bad, so it just shows through in the ways they took it for granted as being the way of the world.)

Anyway, I assume the people who flocked to the box office to see it were all 14 year old boys, as it seems to have been aimed entirely at them, and they would be sufficiently lacking in critical faculties to make it a success

And I always hated That Song. The damn thing keeps coming back over and over again for about twenty minutes. It's a crap song

After that I was in need of something that didn't make me want to throw my eyes and ears in a skip, so I turned to World Trade Center (2006) - IMDb, the true story of two NY Port Authority cops (why does America have so many different police forces for the most arcane jurisdictions?) who were trapped under a skyscraper's worth of debris when WTC2 collapsed, then suffered the further misfortune of WTC1 collapsing on top of that, and then WTC7 on top of that, but were eventually rescued, being the eighteenth and nineteenth of just twenty people rescued alive after the world came crashing down. Excellent stuff, and at least Oliver Stone managed not to drag any of his conspiracy theories into this one

And then a bit more of The Americans, and so to bed.

Goodnight all

Comment

No exercise today.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X