• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner has been consumed, and the new cooker did an excellent job on it

Suppose I ought to nip down with the recycling and put the bin out, so I don't wake up the neighbours trundling it about in the morning

And after that, some TV in a language I don't know, accompanied by a beer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mothers' Day (does that take an apostrophe? and if so, does it belong to all mothers?)
      I don't believe it takes an apostrophe, but if it did, wouldn't Mother's Day be more appropriate.

Since one normally has one mother unless one was conceived by surrogacy or by that new fangled 3 parent method, or possibly by an alien species with rather more than 2 genders.

Comment

Went out for a bit of Korean food tonight for the first time.

Tasty, good value and the place was packed.

Around £20 for 2 courses, 5 minutes from London Victoria

https://www.limeorange.co.uk/
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I don't believe it takes an apostrophe, but if it did, wouldn't Mother's Day be more appropriate.

Since one normally has one mother unless one was conceived by surrogacy or by that new fangled 3 parent method, or possibly by an alien species with rather more than 2 genders.
          One can avoid the need to contemplate such complicated scenarios by opting for Mothering Sunday.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Went out for a bit of Korean food tonight for the first time.

Tasty, good value and the place was packed.

Around £20 for 2 courses, 5 minutes from London Victoria

https://www.limeorange.co.uk/
                And only 10 minutes from Battersea

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Knowing what Client Co. are like I'm placing my faith in Hanlons Razor on this one.
                  And it appears my faith will be rewarded. Client Co. have an exclusive deal with a particular agency. it would appear that someone forgot to proces the paper work for renewals despite the contractors getting contracts, and so a number of people have have their accounts suspended on the orders of internal audit.

Until relevant management arrives on site to sort it out we are twiddling our thumbs. I'll give it till 10 then I'm going home. Still billing them for it. They can always charge it back to audit
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's friday, it's invoice day, and following a night out with old colleagues I don't have a hangover

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X