• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the DIY going?

Drilled through any pipes or cables yet?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      for NF & NF's Mum
      +1
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

+2 <--manly
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

for NF & NF's Mum
          Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          +1
          Originally posted by eek View Post
          +2 <--manly
          Thanks all

Still waiting for an update…

Comment

How's the DIY going?

Drilled through any pipes or cables yet?
            One good thing about the cabinet job is that there aren't any pipes or cables in that area of the kitchen. Or at least there shouldn't be… I'll be checking with a tricorder just to be on the safe side

I'm currently contemplating the idea of getting the old fridge freezer downstairs myself. I can manhandle it down the corridor to the landing without any difficulty, then get it downstairs on my heavy duty stair-climbing sack truck. Given that the latter takes up quite a bit of space in the flat, it's nice if it can earn its keep once in a while, and having the thing out of the way now will make it a lot easier to get things ready for the delivery of the new freezer tomorrow. I'm paying for the old one to be disposed of, but it'll take the delivery guys an extra ten minutes to get it out so it'll make everybody's life easier

Comment

Breaking news: the cardiologist confirms my mum hasn't had an MI and can go home

He's the same guy who put a couple of tricky-to-install stents in last year so he knows his stuff. He's concluded that the elevated cardiac protein level is just something she has ("she just runs high" - not sure of that's an exact quote ) and may be related to her diabetes. The pain/discomfort was probably gastro-intestinal in origin, and the high blood pressure a result of the pain, and has returned to her normal range now. So everything seems to be as OK as it ever is

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Breaking news: the cardiologist confirms my mum hasn't had an MI and can go home

He's the same guy who put a couple of tricky-to-install stents in last year so he knows his stuff. He's concluded that the elevated cardiac protein level is just something she has ("she just runs high" - not sure of that's an exact quote ) and may be related to her diabetes. The pain/discomfort was probably gastro-intestinal in origin, and the high blood pressure a result of the pain, and has returned to her normal range now. So everything seems to be as OK as it ever is
                for NF & NF's Mum.

Comment

Excellent, Nick.
                  Sometimes with older people doctors will accept "abnormal" readings if they are stable, because the treatments to bring the readings down to normal may have a bigger impact than just monitoring it.
                  Having a doctor/consultant who knows the patient makes a big difference.

<- manly for Nick
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

All these manly hugs....

Nick, Have a "continental" one from me
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      All these manly hugs....

Nick, Have a "continental" one from me
                      Ugh, jeez. I can smell the garlic from here...

Comment

Working...
                      X