• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Would you recommend it, or was the game not worth the candle? I don't want to go out and buy a strimmer solely for this purpose if I'm unlikely to enjoy it
    Seems to reflect the quality of Flymo products since the mower expired in much the same way.

Comment

Morning all

As grey as a grey thing, and spotting with rain, though there are signs of brightness to the west.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          ZeitZenChuryOm(tm).

I've never melted a strimmer before.

It was quite odd.
          If you didn't mean to and it just happened through overwork, get a Stihl.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Baking already here

It was pleasant when I started the day - sunny, but reasonably cool. I made it down to Sainsbury's for around eight, then wandered round aimlessly for a while before concluding that I didn't actually need that much stuff. So I made the trolley look a bit fuller with beer and wine

Then over to M&S for sausages and other meat. Due to the continuing poor performance of the fridge, I'll need to eat some of the sausages very shortly; and the rest, along with the other stuff, will have to be frozen.

And finally up to the Amazon Locker for various goodies, including the diagnostic thingy for the Corolla

Today will mainly be spent sorting out the kitchen, as it needs to be ready for the new cooker arriving next weekend, and I don't want to follow my usual method of ending up sorting stuff out at about nine in the evening the day before

But first, coffee

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Originally posted by vetran View Post
              you should be able to see recent faults via OBD so if it has fixed itself you can be sure why.
              Yes, I'm hoping there'll be some memory of it. I'll be collecting the device tomorrow morning, and will see what I find
              We have a code!

P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1).

Quite common on a Corolla of this age at around this mileage, it seems. Possible causes range from a dirty Mass Air Flow sensor to a leaking intake gasket; but the sensor is the most common one.

Worth getting it checked at as it can cause the engine to run hot enough to cause damage, though I haven't noticed the temperature gauge going any higher than usual.

Anyway, it turns out there's a Toyota dealership about ten minutes walk from ClientCo, so I'll pop in there and see about getting it looked at, and maybe even splash out on their 80,000 mile special service given that it's 10,000 miles overdue

Comment

Conference talk one done, no 2 is Internet of things
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had to dispose of Lois, one of our chickens, who died during the night
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Just had to dispose of Lois, one of our chickens, who died during the night
                    Sage and onion?

for Lois.

Comment

Catching the train to Guildford this arvo to do a nice offroad route back home.

Haven't had my mountain bike out for a good year.

Comment

Working...
                      X