• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Buggering off now as I'm seeing the doc at 16:50.

Assuming the train is running at 16:28.
    Back on the happy pills.

Having read the leaflet in the box, I'm debating whether or not to take them.

Comment

Back on the happy pills.

Having read the leaflet in the box, I'm debating whether or not to take them.
      If you decide against check out St Johns Wort. Does the same job but with much fewer and less severe side effects.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The bit I particularly like is the info that it can increase the risk of suicide. which is wot a lot of patients would be taking it to avoid.

But there you go.

Permanently.

The last lot I took, some 28 years ago, were quite effective in their way.

I remember someone remarking that I seemed a rather more sunny soul than normal

And they were ever so effective at making me realise that it's a fool's game to be taking pills to go to fecking work.

So I left.

Comment

The bit I particularly like is the info that it can increase the risk of suicide. which is wot a lot of patients would be taking it to avoid.

But there you go.

Permanently.

And they were ever so effective at making me realise that it's a fool's game to be taking pills to go to fecking work.

So I left.

If you had a headache, you'd take aspirin. You've been through a hell of a lot - the happy pills are probably a better bet than the gin bottle.

FWIW, I took them a few years ago, only for a few months. There were some very weird side effects (yawning continually and feeling quite spaced out) but they really did help - broke the cycle of negative thinking that I was inflicting upon myself.

Give them a chance, but also look at other things you can do - make a plan to do something that you'll enjoy. Oh, and get a kitten

Comment

But there you go.

Permanently.

So I left.
            Just wait for the end of term and hope voluntary redundancy appears again...
            Last edited by eek; 16 June 2016, 18:52.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

If you had a headache, you'd take aspirin. You've been through a hell of a lot - the happy pills are probably a better bet than the gin bottle.

FWIW, I took them a few years ago, only for a few months. There were some very weird side effects (yawning continually and feeling quite spaced out) but they really did help - broke the cycle of negative thinking that I was inflicting upon myself.

Give them a chance, but also look at other things you can do - make a plan to do something that you'll enjoy. Oh, and get a kitten
              Cats are for life (or until they decide to move house.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

'Night all.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Cats are for life (or until they think they've found a better offer.)
                  ftfy
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

WMSS (kitten optional)

Comment

Utterly knackered. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                      X