• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<-Lizardly for MrN.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      <-Lizardly for MrN.
      She's literally just rung him again with a "back end dev role" which is actually a front end web dev role.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        She's literally just rung him again with a "back end dev role" which is actually a front end web dev role.
        It's annoying but she is doing her best for him... I bet most agents just aren't bothered in helping at all...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          It's annoying but she is doing her best for him... I bet most agents just aren't bothered in helping at all...
          Not really, the role he interviewed for yesterday he wasn't even aware he'd been submitted for it.

I think you'd be pretty pissed off if you traipsed halfway across the country to find out it was a no-go because someone forgot one important detail.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yes, I remember how pleased I was when a twat from Cliveden fecked up a possible contract in Bristol by putting me forward for the role as a permie without bothering to tell me or ask my permission.

That was nearly 20 years ago & it still irritates me.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Yes, I remember how pleased I was when a twat from Cliveden fecked up a possible contract in Bristol by putting me forward for the role as a permie without bothering to tell me or ask my permission.

That was nearly 20 years ago & it still irritates me.
              I was intervewing people for two roles in my team recently and the agency never told one of the candidates that they were being put forward for the junior role. Needless to say she was a tad surprised when I started the interview.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Mr N had an interview yesterday, his first since he's started looking. 2 hour schlep on the train only to have a 30 min interview and the interviewers to say at the end "you're a good fit, but we need someone who speaks Dutch".

Seems the pimp never checked if he did speak cloggy (he doesn't), nor did she seem to know that that was required.
                feel your pain. Been on a few of these "we just need one more thing" interviews though something as basic as talking the language does seem something the Agent should mention.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If anyone is interested there's a roast pork recipe on t'blog

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The EU referendum thingymebob is hampering the job market...not sure why as no changes would be made overnight...
                    Join IPSE

Comment

If anyone is interested there's a roast pork recipe on t'blog
                      ...hungry now...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X