• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police chopper circling outside…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Police chopper circling outside…
      They're tracking the delivery of your, er, "filter", Mr Patel.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Never assume - remember assumptions make an ass out of you and me..
        but you are the ass in the end!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          And that's all folks.

Goodbyes said, one last dump on company time taken and it's out the door from Client A
          you "logged out"?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            They're tracking the delivery of your, er, "filter", Mr Patel.
            Probably, as it's now arrived, and they've gone

However, I'm not convinced by what has been delivered. The existing "permanent" filter consisted of four or five layers of woven metal. This looks like somebody has carefully taken one of those apart and sent me two layers of it, rather than two entire filters

Still, it'll do to be going on with. Anyway, I need to go and pick up my prescription, though I've had no word from the pharmacy that it's been prepared since I signed over the rights to them - another system/notification/delivery fail

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Also got recommended for a some food consultancy work by another blogger. waiting to see if anything comes of that.

Slowly, slowly catchy plan B......
              Did your chorizo pulled pork this week. Brined for 24 hrs and then covered in the rub/paste and stuffed into a ziplock bag in the fridge for another 24 hrs then I forgot we had dinner reservations on Easter Sunday so it had an extra 24hrs in the paste. .

4hrs at 125ish then added a slosh of wine and covered in foil. Checked the temp 90 mins later and it was 92 so took it out to rest.

First half served with mash and 'pan gravy'. 2nd half last night with tortillas and fresh made salsa.

Super moist so the timing was spot on.

Only deviations were that we used a dried scorpion chilli in the brine instead of the ones in the recipe and didn't need a whole litre of wine as our cut of shoulder wasn't massive. Mrs P has put it on the repeat list.

Comment

Shall be off shortly to collect the death certificate.

Then we can get things moving.

Following yet more exercise filling in holes, lunch consisted of the 2nd Peters Steak & Kidney pie plus Heinz 5 bean snackpot.

It was very nice.

Oh, and the remains of the Morrisons cheese and onion quiche I cooked (i.e. warmed up) yesterday.

That was very nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Did your chorizo pulled pork this week. Brined for 24 hrs and then covered in the rub/paste and stuffed into a ziplock bag in the fridge for another 24 hrs then I forgot we had dinner reservations on Easter Sunday so it had an extra 24hrs in the paste. .

4hrs at 125ish then added a slosh of wine and covered in foil. Checked the temp 90 mins later and it was 92 so took it out to rest.

First half served with mash and 'pan gravy'. 2nd half last night with tortillas and fresh made salsa.

Super moist so the timing was spot on.

Only deviations were that we used a dried scorpion chilli in the brine instead of the ones in the recipe and didn't need a whole litre of wine as our cut of shoulder wasn't massive. Mrs P has put it on the repeat list.
                  Yay! Glad it worked for you.

Can I be cheeky and ask for you to put a review on t'blog. A few others have tried it and left feedback as well.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Knackered, more shrub and summer bulb moving around, planted some peas and green beans.

Also moved some lavender out to the front garden bit.

Really want to take a shower now but am waiting for a builder to turn up to check out a bloody awful leak we discovered at the weekend and of course he will turn up when I have one

Suspect some slates have gone awol, but god only knows how long its been leaking, there is some damage to a book case and probably flooring as well.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Yay! Glad it worked for you.

Can I be cheeky and ask for you to put a review on t'blog. A few others have tried it and left feedback as well.
                      Done

Comment

Working...
                      X