• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all

Just clearing up my desk at ClientCo ready to leave in 26 minutes along with seven other contractors who are all being walked due to budget. the contract PM who is on more than any of us has somehow jammied his way into being kept on.

But it's all OK - off to old ClientCo in the West Midlands next week

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      .. didn't need a whole litre of wine...
      Wine comes in 75cl bottles. If you use a litre, you've got a nice big glass each left to drink. (Or did you find 76cl was exactly the right amount? )

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Shall be off shortly to collect the death certificate.
        Duly collected, along with a nice shiny garden waste burner thing from Aldi, plus a couple or 3 paint brushes.

Seems a bit upmarket from Lidl.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I need to go and pick up my prescription, though I've had no word from the pharmacy that it's been prepared since I signed over the rights to them - another system/notification/delivery fail
          Well, that went about as well as I expected

The pharmacy had no prescription ready for me, nor any notification from the surgery that one should be dispensed. The surgery, which I'd checked online, was telling me I had to collect the prescription from the pharmacy. The pharmacy tried phoning the surgery to ask "WTF?" but, of course, the surgery is closed, because Thursday is the traditional half-day for GP surgeries so they can do all the filing they no longer have to do because of computers.

So the pharmacist gave me enough of the pills I'd run out of to tide me over to Monday, in the hope that things can be sorted out by then. I, of course, am the one who has to do the sorting out

Still, it's only next door, and the current receptionist seems slightly more competent and familiar with the notion of actually listening to patients and sorting out any problems than most of them

Comment

Am I the only one who finds the concept of "The Digital Future" more than slightly alarming?

Sticking to pound notes and stuff written on paper, that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Wine comes in 75cl bottles. If you use a litre, you've got a nice big glass each left to drink. (Or did you find 76cl was exactly the right amount? )
              If I was cooking dinner you know there was no way the bottle still had 75cl in it. So I used some of what was left.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Hello all

Just clearing up my desk at ClientCo ready to leave in 26 minutes along with seven other contractors who are all being walked due to budget. the contract PM who is on more than any of us has somehow jammied his way into being kept on.

But it's all OK - off to old ClientCo in the West Midlands next week
                Some one has to be around for the blame not to rest on a permies shoulders
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not even remotely dark, yet I should already have started preparing dinner. Except dinner will be the reheated leftovers of yesterday, so I don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Not even remotely dark, yet I should already have started preparing dinner. Except dinner will be the reheated leftovers of yesterday, so I don't have to.
                    It's very confusing as it's dark in the morning and light in the evening.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      It's very confusing as it's dark in the morning and light in the evening.
                      Only early in the morning

Comment

Working...
                      X