• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, following in the footsteps of ZeitMater (ZMr), I managed to almost boil dry my lentil soup for today last evening.

Watered garden & tomatoes & then had a bath & by the time I got downstairs again there was a smell of something getting a little too hot.

Namely the nonstick pan with the soup in it.

Caught it just in time, not carbonised, so rehydrated & quite edible.

The pan recovered too after a bit of soaking.

I'm looking forward to tea tonight.

And tomorrow it'll be

<Pppppppffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff t!>

all day long.

Comment

In other news I now have 6 or 7 ripening tomatoes.

They'd better hurry up or it'll be Xmas.

Comment

Xmas stuff in Tesco

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          Xmas stuff in Tesco
          The back to School offers will have finished, Halloween doesn't sell well until mid October so what else can their fill their seasonal aisles with.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Feck me,

I'm

really

really

really

really

really

Bored.

Now.

That is all.

Om.

Comment

Ho hum. Silly situation brought about by some high placed managerman;

I've got one or two days left on this project but the next one starts somewhere in Q1 2015, having been delayed a couple of times due to failure to get requirements clear. Project Manager wants me to lead the testing. Head of Project Management wants me to lead the testing. Test Manager wants me to do the project AND has other work that needs doing. I want to do the project. None of them have any budget. Trouble is, there was a dip in software sales some months ago so a temporary dip in budgets, and the finance managermen are withholding budgets; consequence is that it looks more and more like I'll have to go. Crazy, because in this environment it takes 6 months before somebody's up to speed, and the most complex project they've done in many years is approaching and they don't have a test manager who can do it. Short termism again.

Head of projects is now trying to find budget for me to pick up some other work for the next few months, but I won't hear until next week.

So I'm wanted, I want to do it but there's no money to pay me.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Been asked to give a presentation on prog mgmt best practice to a bunch of project managers tomorrow.

Manager that has asked me to do so is someone I've approached about possible gigs at current clientco after this one finishes.

I suspect that this is a thinly disguised plot to see if I know what I'm talking about and hopefully a nudge towards another possible gig.

Have a meeting with them next week to discuss possibilities.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  In other news I now have 6 or 7 ripening tomatoes.

They'd better hurry up or it'll be Xmas.
                  Grow Canabis instead. If you get caught just say you thought you were in Colarado.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    Xmas stuff in Tesco
                    Send your butler out. Then you don't have to look at it. Or deal with the great unwashed.

HTH

Comment

Morning Afternoon denizens

Looking at Tweetbot, it appears I went to bed at 4:47 this morning. As I was up so late because I was experimenting with the various options for streamed parsing of large XML data sources in Python, I think sleeping until lunchtime is excusable

Comment

Working...
                      X