• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

posting
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

here
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

My Virgin Media hub arrived some time during the day. Now enjoying the delights of 50Mb/s broadband

Comment

Sad really: in a week this sensation of gloriously fast downloads and web sites will have worn off, and I'll be muttering darkly and drumming my fingers again

I remember observing this in the 70s - 80s: after 75 baud punched paper tape, 300 baud cassette tape seemed so amazingly fast. Then 1200 baud tape made 300 seem so slow. Then floppy disks made all cassettes seem slow. And then I got to use a hard drive at my first job after Uni, and that made floppies seem slow. And then it started all over again with modems

Comment

Tried the speed test on the BBC iPlayer site. It has a little graphic of a speedometer to show how fast it's going. Unfortunately, it only goes up to 20MB - in my case, it just shot up to the stop and stayed there for the duration

It's reporting around 38Mb/s downstream, which isn't too bad for this time of evening. I reckon it'll be a good bit faster in the small hours of the morning when the neighbours aren't cluttering up the local network connection

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My Virgin Media hub arrived some time during the day. Now enjoying the delights of 50Mb/s broadband
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Don't know how you keep it going
                In the early days of TPD/TPDII...it was the done thing to get the thread count higher...the belief was, the thread wouldnt last very long or it would crash the site...which it sorta did but a long time afterwards...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

If Humans used Animal Mating Rituals - 9GAG
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Mine is somewhat less accurate than that

It only loses about a second a day, which is pretty good
                      The timer thing is about 1% accurate, depending on which edge of the start pulse you take.

And it uses the internal oscillator of a PIC16F628 which probably isn't terribly stable.

A second a day is pretty good.

I built a MSF timecode receiver which is as accurate as the transmitted timecode more or less, taking into account the time it takes for the radio waves to travel from Cumbria to south Wales.

And the processing time of the electronics,, which is probably about 30 milliseconds or so, plus the processing time of the pic program that does the decoding.

Comment

Working...
                      X