• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tried the speed test on the BBC iPlayer site. It has a little graphic of a speedometer to show how fast it's going. Unfortunately, it only goes up to 20MB - in my case, it just shot up to the stop and stayed there for the duration

It's reporting around 38Mb/s downstream, which isn't too bad for this time of evening. I reckon it'll be a good bit faster in the small hours of the morning when the neighbours aren't cluttering up the local network connection
    Have you tried this one Nick? Speedtest
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      18.48Mb/s download, 0.9Mb/s upload.

Well I never did.

And over copper wire too.

Comment

Memo to self: try this in work tomorrow to determine exactly how crap the internal network is.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Just had a few goes - it's showing around 36 down, and a mere 3 up

Comment

Crikey! Just tried it again: 51.71Mbps down

Comment

Tired now

May get an early night. I find myself waking up quite early these last few weeks. It's mainly so I can get into ClientCo early - not so much to get an early start, more because it means I can leave earlier

Though during the severe crunch mode of the last few weeks I've been getting there early and leaving late, by the standards of the place. One good thing about it being a small company with only a few keyholders, though, is that you inevitably get chucked out around 6pm, or 6:30 at the absolute latest; so even if you're tempted to "just finish this bit off before I go", you can't

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy, grey day out there, as befits a Tuesday

Comment

Morning

Cold and sunny in cloggers.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Crikey! Just tried it again: 51.71Mbps down
                      mine is 67.70Mbps down and 5.99Mbps up
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X