• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Feeling poorly now.

Got to answer a phone call but going back to bed...
    Get yourself tucked up nice & cozy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Morning all

General is getting right messy - there will be plenty banning, little posting soon
      Oh no, not now please...
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        This place seems to be getting less and less interesting as time goes by.

Ho hum.

I suppose it was fun whilst (TPD) lasted.

Keep the faith, Zeity...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Keep the faith, Zeity...

Comment

Feeling poorly now.

Got to answer a phone call but going back to bed...
            are you as green as your username ?

Comment

This place seems to be getting less and less interesting as time goes by.

Ho hum.

I suppose it was fun whilst (TPD) lasted.

It goes in cycles ZG, every 9 months or so the forum takes a dive, people wander off for a while and come back as normal service is resumed. It does tend to be the usual suspects involved each time it goes down hill though.

The Death of TPD does seem to have been the start of the downturn this time, it may have been a bloated rambling stream of pointeless drivel, but it was *Our* bloated rambling stream of pointelss drivel god dammit!

There is still be a lot of good stuff going on though, DR and the BN66 crowd have done sterling work, as proved by the numbers of people we get on the site waiting for the latest results from the courts ( Over a 1000 at one point ) and the Sunday Solutions thread seems to be at least giving people a place to find out where to go next and to find out they are not alone on that issue.

We to have a steady trickle of posts in Technical that stays on topic and can be very usefull. Legal and Accounting is similar, although the signal to noise ratio tends to be a little lower thanks to first timers posting the same questions without reading or searching first, but it gives Malvolio something to do at least. Business / Contracts is much the same really, although there seems to be fewer repetitions of basic questions.

Light Relief has always seen an ebb and flow of posts as people come and go but the death of TPD has taken the wind out of it's sails somewhat of late. You never know, maybe the upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin will let Admin reinstate it. We can but dream.

General is definately what brings the forums down overall at the moment. The level of bitchyness and back biting has definately been higher recently and it tends to be the same people each time, who all know how to push eachothers buttons and get a response. With the new mods on board I expect the level or baiting and boundary pushing to go on for a while yet, followed by a round of bannings and suspensions, followed by arguments about bannings and suspensions, sulking, flouncing, stamping of little feet and cries of "dont let the door hit your arse on the way out."

Give it a month or so and it will all calm down again. Until the next time.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Give it a month or so and it will all calm down again. Until the next time.
                We can only hope but I haven't seen it this bad in the couple of years, I've been on.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  We can only hope but I haven't seen it this bad in the couple of years, I've been on.
                  Same here - I miss the old days but I guess things change and move on. It will be grand though, just different, I suppose.
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It's very quiet in here (TPD II) these days.

Comment

It's very quiet in here (TPD II) these days.
                      Hey sweety Zeity

I just don't seem to have the time for it these days.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X