• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    afternoon all

posting using my newly acquired 3 mobile broadband dongle - took a 30 day rolling contract 5G usage
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Posted using my oldly acquired T-Mobile broadband dongle - just renewed it for another 30 day rolling 3G usage.

What is 5G? A brand?
    What's the verdict? I ditched my 3 18 month contract when I was out of work, but will probably need something when I start new gig in a week or so. Contract is initially only 2 months, but probability of extensions (I hope).

3 looks cheapest (I guess they are still trying to buy market share) but I was with 3 before and found the modem a bit flaky at times.

Decisions, decisions......
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I tried tethering my G1 to the laptop - got it working (but another thing I need to go through a Windows VM for because it doesn't work on Linux) but it seemed incredibly slow. Much slower than my old 3 modem.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

1st bbq of the year (and hopefully not the last)
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The T-Mobile dongle costs £15 for 30 days use, £7 for a week and £2 for a day.

They often have deals on so that when you go to renew, you get more than you pay for.

Connectivity is good enough to web browse while being a passenger in a car or on a train.

And, contrary to the documentation, I have it working on Ubuntu Linux.

When I bought the dongle, it cost £20 and they put £15 credit on the account.

It is Pay As You Go.

It is far more reliable and dependable than hotel WiFi.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            The T-Mobile dongle costs £15 for 30 days use, £7 for a week and £2 for a day.

They often have deals on so that when you go to renew, you get more than you pay for.

Connectivity is good enough to web browse while being a passenger in a car or on a train.

And, contrary to the documentation, I have it working on Ubuntu Linux.

When I bought the dongle, it cost £20 and they put £15 credit on the account.

It is Pay As You Go.

It is far more reliable and dependable than hotel WiFi.
            I had a T-mo dongle - but the current digs has zero coverage.

I went to three as the digs is right next to a cell - I will only properly find out tomorrow once i start using it.

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Morning all

General is getting right messy - there will be plenty banning, little posting soon

Comment

This place seems to be getting less and less interesting as time goes by.

Ho hum.

I suppose it was fun whilst (TPD) lasted.

Comment

Feeling poorly now.

Got to answer a phone call but going back to bed...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh.

While I remember.

Bored.

Now.

Comment

Working...
                      X