• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should check with NewClientCorp if it's OK to have personal stuff delivered to the office... ExClientCorp strictly forbade it, on the grounds that it might give the people in the post room some work to do

When NewClientCorp was PreviousClientCorp I was at the Bristol office, and they were perfectly happy for me to have stuff sent there - they'd even phone me from reception to let me know when it arrived, because they knew I didn't usually check the pigeonholes

The rules might be different at the London office, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      it is a lovely day here.
      It's been a very very lovely day here too... unseasonably warm & sunny for February...

I saw two bumble bees and one of them nearly assaulted me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        100,000th post will be mine.
        Dream on....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Hi Zeity

I went to Foyle's instead

Is Foyle's still as weird as it used to be?

Queue once to buy the book, then Queue again to pay for it... surreal.

Comment

For those who are curious about such matters, and for the sake of helping with the onward journey to 100,000, the items on order are as follows:

Books
            Agent Zigzag: The True Wartime Story of Eddie Chapman, Lover, Betrayer, Hero, Spy

The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage (to replace the copy somebody borrowed off me fourteen years ago)

Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown

The Complete Cartoons of the "New Yorker" (also includes CDs with PDF files containing every New Yorker cartoon published up to 2005)
            CDs
            Philip Glass: Koyaanisqatsi

Gong/Here and Now: Live Floating Anarchy 1977

Gong: Angel's Egg: Radio Gnome Invisible Vol.2 (Remastered)

Gong: You (Remastered)

DVDs
            Bedazzled - Peter Cook and Dudley Moore

Night Mail - Collector's Edition Presentation Box [1936]

Babylon 5: The Complete Collection + The Lost Tales (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk)

Naqoyqatsi

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Time for some police brutality, I think

The Shield rather than The Sweeney this time
              Real hardcore police brutality in that then...

Comment

When NewClientCorp was PreviousClientCorp I was at the Bristol office, and they were perfectly happy for me to have stuff sent there - they'd even phone me from reception to let me know when it arrived, because they knew I didn't usually check the pigeonholes

CurrentClientCorps let me have stuff delivered, it's all good!
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Is Foyle's still as weird as it used to be?

Queue once to buy the book, then Queue again to pay for it... surreal.
                  And once more to have it put in a bag - which wasn't optional

Also, the books in any given category were arranged by publisher, with no further ordering imposed, meaning it could take an entire day to find what you were looking for

Sadly, once Christina Foyle died, they were able to change things - it's been extensively refurbished, stuff is arranged in a sensible way, and there's more than one till

Comment

The Cuckoo's Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage (to replace the copy somebody borrowed off me fourteen years ago)
                    Ah I remember that one, it's on my shelf. A good read.
                    That boy go raaaaaaa
                    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

The Cuckoo's Egg is rather interesting, apart from the bits where he rhapsodises about sewing shirts...

Comment

Working...
                      X