• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

It was promising to be a sunny start but the sun was beaten to the punch by a big, blank expanse of cloud moving in from the south. Mild again, being already 11°C with a high of 16° later, though the cloud is expected to bring spells of light rain throughout the day. The barometers are down a little more at 981/988mB

Comment

Morning all
      Very wet overnight, but it stayed dry for a quick stroll earlier. 2 minutes after getting back home the heavens opened
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Desperately sorting out some minor errands.

Then a short chat at 9:30 that will hopefully lead to some work and after that a couple of more errands before an exciting drive to Manchester Airport as I need to drop the bags off before 9pm to make tomorrow morning's early start bearable.

After which it's 10 days in Turkey.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Darn it. Karaoke not on this evening, nice lady member passed away. She had a brilliant voice. Too many relatives and people I know gone in last year. Don't get old.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Wet, very wet.

Chilly in here at 17 deg, 17.5 in the kitchen, 15.5 in the leanto.

986 mBar, 29.11 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (down from 987 last night), 75% RH (Lid electric, and dropping due to the dehumidifier that I use as a room heater).

Meanwhile on the 20th of November 2019 WTFH had purchased 60 litres of oil, olive as it happens, rather than heating or GTX or Texaco Havoline as recommended by James Hunt.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:03.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More meteors tonight. Fat chance I'll be able to see it. Never can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/articles/c17lzk08l0eo
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Wet. Cloudy. Quite bright though. There has been much rain but none currently occurring, although more is on the way later. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Barometer down to 995 mBar.

Prepping for a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I have to prepare, and deliver, a 10 minute presentation. It doesn't help that I know well the people interviewing me.
                Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Lunch has been a salmon bap (white) with a bag of plain crisps

Proper salmon out of a tin, mind, not that fresh stuff
                  Same again for lunch, as the rest of the salmon Needed to be Eaten™

Quiet morning as I'm still shadowing those people from another but closely related team, and they had meetings. Back to the fray shortly though

Comment

Working...
                  X