• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed stripped and first load is in the WM. I was going to put it out on the line but there's a damp chill in the air which makes me wonder just how dry things will get. I might put the pillow cases and bed sheet outside as they should fare better than the duvet and mattress covers.

Comment

I joined the morning standup on Teams at 10:30 as usual, only to realise that I'm the only one "here" - the others are either on leave or don't work on Friday! So as I knew there'd be nobody wanting urgent answers to questions or anything like that, I took an executive decision to pop over to Big Sainsbury's while the popping was good

I didn't need much, so I was back about an hour after I'd set off. The traffic definitely gets worse around Friday lunchtime, particularly at that end, which is adjacent to several business park type places located there for proximity to the motorway junction. So I managed to miss all of that

I took the route past the old place to get there, where the chestnut tree is still very much in its state of winter dormancy. The Polish café was open though. When I went past about half six in the evening a couple of weeks ago its shutters were down, which is unusual as IIRC it normally closes around seven. But maybe they were just having a break or something.

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

Comment

A whole three of us at creative writing group this morning. Oh well, couple of nice old ladies anyway. Afternoon amble with loony lady 1.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I knew I'd forgotten something: timesheet! And with that done, let the weekend commence!

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole, made in the Remoska, and was exceedingly nice

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell including a burnt-out Portakabin causing problems on the A1

Comment

The bed linen didn't go out on the line in the end as by the time the first load was done it had come over all grey and was rather chilly out. Sadly this means not all the linen got washed as I don't have draping capacity for it all in one hit.

On a plus note, I did make the bed after clocking off for the day so that won't become a just in time job at bedtime.

Comment

Back at the end of 2017, I started watching The Godfather trilogy, but I never got around to watching the third one. So tonight's major motion picture was The Godfather (1972) because I'm trying again, and I didn't really remember it all that well, so I have to start again from the beginning. It's still not as funny as The Sopranos

And then a couple more episodes of S1 of The Wire, being close to the end now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                    Walk has been walked. It’s overcast, but rain isn’t due for another 6 hours. I’m not sure the clouds have read that forecast though.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Woke at 05:35 just to celebrate the fact, read some of the current book & returned to the land of nod accompanied by Today.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Chilly in here at 13.9 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.83736 psi, (up from 1020 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of August 2019 I did some iRoning, presumably of one of the shirts that really needed it, probably the cotton twill one, thus began the descent into iRoning everything that needed iRoning as continues to this very day, while WTFH had a bonfire of magnolia leaves (they burn rather better than vanities despite being green & recently cut), whereas NF was procrastinating over documentation, maps, github, and the like.

Freecell score in the grey gloom & drizzle: 75%, running average: 86%.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, it started raining 3/4 of the way through.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Freecell score in the ongoing downpour: 93%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc. Couldn't be arsed to cook.

Entertainment: PM with someone who doesn't irritate the crap out of me.

Shed & Buried: a G reg Mini 1000 bought for £6750 & sold for £7500.

Ancient aliens bollox though it's rapidly approaching <click> which it achieved.

More aliens bollox on blaze. It's about to go <click> and become

Dixon of Dock Green S7 E3 "The hot seat (1960)". It's a travelogue of Paris. With a bit of Dixon thrown in. The theme tune was the one I remember, prior eps seemed to use "I'm a Londoner".

Maigret "The Flemish Shop S4 E6 (1963)" with that Rupert Davies.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre 1960 "The man who was nobody".

Spanish customs thing assuming the snooker cooperates. It didn't.

Bit of "Dad's Army" S3 E11 "Branded". That one always gets me.

Bit of "Predator (1987)". Stone me is it really that loooong ago? The first appearance of the man carried minigun?

It would appear so:

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/M134_Minigun

There's another of those dire Bruce Willis movies on Leg End: "Fortress (2021)".

The reviews on imdb fail to acknowledge the poor man's increasing disability.

The scum exploiting the poor man need TWEPing.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 February 2024, 23:46.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X