• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was sausages in finger rolls. And tea was chicken and chips. Both very nice

I managed to find time to get the mundane laundry on this afternoon, so that's one less thing to deal with

And the gardener chap was here mowing the lawns. For some reason, he did the big one diagonally rather than back and forth, which seemed a rather convoluted process because of the flowerbed in the middle. Makes a change to have the stripes going that way though

Comment

Getting very windy down here again.
      An Acacia has lost one of its branches.
      Also caught on camera one of the local cats jumping up into the hedge to get at a blackbirds nest.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Was dry: now raining.

Was wanly sunny: now grey.

Chilly in here at 14.9 deg, 15.5 in the kitchen, 14.5 in the leanto.

998.5 mBar, 29.486 in Hg, 748.94 Torr, 14.48 psi, (down from 1001 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked before breakfast in the futile hope of it not raining on me. Well it worked for half the walk.

Meanwhile on the 15th of September 2019 there was much reference to Sunday lunch, roast beef, Cheltenham, Modemetric (may they rest in peace), Robert Harris, The Second Sleep, Walter M Miller, A Canticle for Leibowitz, garden forks, honeysuckle, and The sunday shop.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about outrageous house insurance increases: 1000% anyone? .

Veronica Mars S1 E5 "You think you know somebody": the pinata one.

Tea: soup etc.

The Mentalist S2 E8 "His Red Right Hand": Red John's back.

NCIS S20 E11 "Bridges". Let's hope it's not another 3 way fecking crossover. It was ok apart from the lovey dovey stuff which was tedious.

"Night Hawks (1981)" with Sly Stallone and Rutger Hauer. For some reason ITV4+1 had a very odd aspect ratio so it rapidly went .

It's not showing edits again. Ho hum.

Smoke alarm just went off, randomly. So far as I'm aware the house isn't on fire. It may be infested with spiders.

Gosh. Just discovered I've been banned from the vintage radio site: the one that's frightened of cars and suchlike things with wheels.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 April 2024, 23:20.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watched an old episode of Police Interceptors earlier, but didn't bother with any more telly

Also did a bit of mucking around with SceneKit stuff. And then I read some more of Shepperton Babylon

Been raining a bit here but it seems to have stopped now. More due tomorrow though

Goodnight all

Comment

HWMBO and I have been watching MasterChef and noticed a high proportion of IT workers taking part.

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy morning out there

Not as windy as it has been, though not as warm either: currently 7°C with an expected high of 11° for a brief period late in the afternoon. The barometers are, unsurprisingly, down again at 983/991mB

Comment

Morning all
                Windy overnight, 9.39km walked this morning. Plumbers turned up at 8am, 2 vans + trailer, 2 cars.
                Currently dismantling the old oil tank and base.
                They hope to get most of the work done today, but we might have no heating or hot water tonight.

Comment

This evening is going to be spent painting/filling walls. The plumbers have removed the old radiators and got the brackets up for the new ones. This has left holes and unpainted bits from where the old ones were, so a quick call to get some paint made up to the right colours, and that was picked up.
                  Base for the oil tank is in and currently setting.
                  No heating or hot water tonight, but hey-ho.

Comment

Afternoon all

Windy. Dreary start but nice and sunny this afternoon. Currently 12 degrees and the high was 13. Barometer at 1014 mBar

Busy day at the coal face. Lunch wasn't had until 3pm.

Now off to meet a friend for an evening of theatre. Watching The Mirror at the Trafalgar Theatre. Trying out a pub on Whitehall beforehand.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Dreadful night's sleep: much of the next book read.

Damp.

Windy (very): howling and very gusty overnight. Something fell over about 01:00 but I haven't located it yet.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1005 mBar, 29.6776 in Hg, 753.811 Torr, 14.576 psi, (up from 990 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

No further news from 15th of September 2019.

Still windy.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent sun & bracing semigale. It's not warm out there.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

First swallow/swift/martin* spotted this morning.

*Delete where applicable: I can't identify them without binoculars.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: bits of TWATO.

Three lawns mown (the 4th doesn't need it: it doesn't grow as fast) and the shed door repaired in yet another classic bodge. It'll be fine as long as I don't catch myself on the too long screws poking through the inside of the door.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S1 E6 "Return of the Kane".

Tea: breaded haddock, grossly overcooked. .

Entertainment: The Mentalist S2 E9 "A price above rubies".

Scotland Yard " The mysterious bullet(1954)"The one with Mr Robert Churchill the firearms expert: shotgun with a 22LR adaptor.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...photo/98767387

Robert Churchill is the chap taller than his hair.

Maigret S12 E4 "To any lengths (2003)". The one where the fortune teller is murdered with an old geezer locked in her kitchen all unaware. Complicated.

It's not showing edits again again.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 April 2024, 22:08.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X