• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I too noticed a lack of Ambulance in the week. Episode 2 will be aired on BBC1 Wednesday at 9pm. Looking at the schedule for Wednesday just gone, I can't see any sporting replacement; Silent Witness was shown in the 9pm slot. According to tvregular.com E2 was due to be aired on the 7th as they had a episode synopsis all published for that date. However, there was a nurses strike on that day - I wonder if that is why it was pulled?
    Could be, though it seems a little oversensitive of them

After a foggy start, it cleared up quite quickly and even turned sunny for a bit. But now it's gone rather grey

Meanwhile, the bed has been stripped and left to air. With luck, I'll remember to make it again before bedtime

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was one of the sausage rolls baked yesterday

Comment

Just rescued a newt that had crept into my garage when I went to use me home gym. Lots of unexpected wildlife around this winter.

Teeth in Paradise tonight, yeeha!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips

And the bed has been remade, thereby averting calamity

Comment

My brother popped over to see Mum and I and regale us with his tales of getting 172 mph out of his new (old) Porsche down the M26 on his way to work at 3am. Thinking he was alone on the road, he was stunned to be thoroughly thrashed by an Aston Martin that overtook him like he was pootling along on a push bike (his words).

Took Mum to Tesco where she bought a load of food she's unlikely to eat but it makes her happy to buy it.

The drive and from Sussex was uneventful with a bit of rain on the way back.

Caught up on the various YouTubers I subscribe to who publish new vids on a Sunday. Then watched how Aero bars are made.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Caught up on the various YouTubers I subscribe to who publish new vids on a Sunday.
              Whicked, sweet, awesome?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's viewing was the usual Canadian borders and NZ roads stuff, though I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention as I was messing around with Metal, Apple's API for doing stuff on GPUs. I didn't really get much working as there's a lot to it, but it's a start

And later, a few old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start with just a few tiny wisps of fluffiness here and there. Not so warm as it has been as a result of the open sky; currently 2°C and aiming for 8° this afternoon. The barometers are heading back up at 989/997mB

Comment

Morning all
                    CBS and a lovely sunrise while out on our walk. Grass was crunchy under foot where it had frozen, and the ice on the car windows is starting to melt in the sun.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Frostyish.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 3.8 deg in the salting house.

1006 mBar, 29.619 in Hg, 752.311 Torr, 14.547 psi, (up from 996 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 28th of August 2019 I visited Cardiff to see my sister & purchase a copy of Rambo III, whereas NF was having Fun With Maps again, though my contributions of FORTRAN IV commands probably didn't help.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line in the frosty sunshine.

Cottons & smalls in the WM.

Cottons & smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Which reminded me of why I don't normally do that: little black bits all over the whites.

On the question of freezers, the chest freezer in the saltinghouse is still at least half full of food my late mother purchased, though I did consume considerable amounts of frozen apple (stored in litre icecream tubs requiring hammer & chisel to consume) and artic pollock fillets (ditto).

I ought to dig down deeper & see what I can find. There's a fair amount of beef and a whole leg of lamb that have been in there for years.

Trouble is it's too expensive to cook stuff these days.

Shopping trip to Morrisons & Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, shanks' back.

I was so hot that I had a shower to celebrate. Feeling much cleaner now, just waiting for the itching to start. The hair is electric.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. The toast was rather dry.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing: lots of food. Woman having a meltdown throwing clothes about.

Cottons in the TD, then removed.

Smalls in the TD, then removed.

Shirts and assorted cottons duly iRoned.

Everything upstairs airing.

Tea: soup: broccoli and stilton etc.

Entertainment: UFO Hunters on Blaze: more bollox: the Aurora Tx UFO that crashed into a windmill killing the pilot in 1897. They're currently peering down a well. Well someone has to. As is appropriate to Blaze: they find nothing. .

Great British Railway Journeys: Welshpool to Aberystwyth. With that colourfully attired chap.

The Mentalist S1 E11 "Red John's Friends". Not a Good Thing to be.

NCIS S20 E3 "Unearth". Ducky features briefly.

The Mentalist S1 E12 "Red Rum". No horses were harmed in the making of this programme.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 February 2024, 23:15.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X