• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And I just discovered that the collections stop between 1 December and 1 March. Makes sense as there's little gardening done in that period but it does only give me 2 collections to tidy the garden up and get rid of the waste before the subscription ends.
    Ours stops from mid December to mid January.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have big bonfires.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        I have big bonfires.
        I like big bonfires and I cannot lie.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I keep forgetting to report on refuse trundling activities. Yesterday, refuse and food waste were trundled. This morning, at some ungodly hour (maybe 7am), the refuse was collected. I am sure the collection engineers were grateful that I did, for once, remember to put my bin at the front of the drive.
          The servants diligent professionals from the management company trundled our bins down to the collection point at the end of the path beyond the opposite block yesterday, ready for bin day today. I noticed last week that the recycling collection, which often happened around when I was getting up during the summer, was now happening at lunchtime. So they've probably been emptied, though I don't know if the black bins are done earlier or later. The tall trees along the hedgerow at the front of the square mean I can't see the operatives at work when they do come along the road, so anything could be going on out there

Comment

Just for a change, lunch was mixed nuts and dried tropical fruits

Not sure if it's healthy eating or, indeed, sufficiently filling; but I thought I'd give it a try

Comment

Well, I haven't dropped dead from hunger yet so the fruit and nuts must have been enough to get by

It's been quite a productive day, culminating in the realisation that the thing can never work and the whole project should be cancelled immediately

But no; I found a similar problem the other week and devised a fix, so now I'll just have to do the same again, or rather adapt that fix to work for both situations

Comment

Tea: pancakes!

Accompanied by some more of the local plod show

Comment

It seems that I managed to pass the affordability checks and then was sent a list of additional clauses the landlady likes to add to the standard tenancy agreement. Now waiting for a response to the questions those clauses raised and then I suppose at some point the offer will go to the landlady. It's all starting to sound like a faff

Comment

There's a new series of Trucking Hell. Started on the 1st.

Comment

It seems that I managed to pass the affordability checks and then was sent a list of additional clauses the landlady likes to add to the standard tenancy agreement. Now waiting for a response to the questions those clauses raised and then I suppose at some point the offer will go to the landlady. It's all starting to sound like a faff
                      This sort of thing is why I ended up staying at my last flat for over eighteen years

As there was only one episode of the local cops thing left, I watched that to get it out of the way. One thing you notice about stuff filmed locally is when the establishing shots and such are of the wrong place: a Friday night patrol in Loughborough included a shot out of van windows of the nightclub Mosh, near the bottom of Leicester High Street; and there aren't any big blue motorway signs on the inner ring road

And then there was a bit of faffing around with SwiftUI and SwiftData, but I was all programmed out after a busy day and not getting anywhere. So I read more of The 2020 Commission Report… in which Seoul, Busan, Yokohama and Tokyo have just been largely destroyed by North Korean nukes while Trump was having a long lunch at a golf club in Florida

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X