• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HNY!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      HNY!
      Cheers!

Comment

All the best for 2024!

Guess who is only just making their bed ...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          All the best for 2024!

Guess who is only just making their bed ...
          Cheers!

Rookie mistake

Comment

Weird, the forum logged me out. Wonder if it got confused by the date change?

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Equalizer 3 (2023) in which he deals with a little local difficulty in Italy (which leads to lots of characters saying things like "The Camorra - you call them the Mafia" to explain things to American audiences). It's good, and certainly better than most films with a 3 at the end of the title

I had been planning to do Barbenheimer for New Year, but that's at least five hours and I wasn't really up to it. I'd like to be able to give it the attention it deserves, so I'll have to do that another time

Goodnight all, and a Happy New Year

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Wanly incipiently sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.6 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 7 deg in the saltinghouse.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 996 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of August 2019 WTFH raised the end of contract stuff, NF posted Monday links, xogg got hailed on, and I spotted a HD DVD player & associated software in that Swansea but passed on the option of purchasing yet another obsolete format.

Having reached the stage of wearing gardening shirts plus the washing basket overflowing in addition to running out of smalls, said washing basket contents now washed.

Washing pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg, beans etc. during which it started to rain so:

Washing in off the line: shirts in the TD.

Shirts out of the TD eventually.

Smalls in the TD.

Entertainment:

"Sian Philips at 90" Yng Nghymraeg ar S4C.

Sounds like Lawrence of Arabia wasn't the greatest fun to be married to.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Neither of which did much in the way of drying on the line judging by the amount of water that came out of the TD.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S16 Astronaut Special with Charlie Duke.

Freecell score: 94%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Am Dro Selebs (this last being Cymraeg for "Celebs"): first time I've noticed the (c) 2024. Swansea Bay from round about the ex West Glam County Hall all the way to Mumbles via Clyne etc. following some footballer or other, a walk near Aberystwyth, a walk near Blaenau Ffestiniog, a walk where one might obtain a view of Rhyl should one be so incautious as to bother.

Snowmagedon 1947 on 5. Weeks of snow followed by weeks of floods followed by hurricane force winds followed by the best summer of the century.

Book. Things are looking grim for Rommel. And Hitler suffered from meteorism, which is unsurprising considering his diet.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2024, 22:46.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, with just a few bits of long stripy high cloud. Not as warm as it might be, or will be: currently 6°C with a daytime high of 7° this afternoon, dropping again towards sunset - but then the rain arrives and it warms back up, reaching 10° by midnight. The barometers are heading back up at 990/998mB

The lurgy finally seems to be in retreat. Still got a bunged-up nose, throat is still slightly sore, but I don't feel so much as if a bus has hit me any more - though any attempt at getting fancy by doing stuff like walking to the kitchen and making coffee results in a definite feeling that I really shouldn't be over-exerting myself just yet. Just warnings now, though, which is a step up

Comment

Made couple of new year's resolutions when starting me walk this morning.
                    1) Be more careful and stop losing things. Managed about 55m, dropped me gloves on way back.
                    2) Stop swearing and singing songs with rude words. Managed about 10 mins.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X